• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Ballstater, yeah that new thing with the liquor stores open on sunday has me waiting till 8:30 pm to start the monthly maintenance on their pos system. I use to jsut do it in the middle of the day on sundays...

Bummer.

I can tell you that I don't think liquor store owners are thrilled. The one I know says that he expects the same sales he used to have to just be spread over more work/labor hours, with Sunday adding to costs, not to actual sales.

I did go and buy a bottle yesterday. 23 year old bourbon. The main reason I went was to be a jerk to the store owner. I've known him for 20 years, he was my customer years ago, now I'm his customer. So I went in there just to joke around with him. Turned out I emptied my wallet for that bottle of bourbon, but its not too common to find bourbon that is aged that long so it just had to come home with me.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Hope everyone had a good weekend.
    It's always funny to see the press bump numbers one way or another depending on their viewpoint. I thought media bias was bad around 2000, but these last few years makes that seem honest in comparison. And this is why most honest reviews are with loggers/vloggers. While some are biased it' usually easy to find more than a couple to get a better understanding.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Bummer.

I can tell you that I don't think liquor store owners are thrilled. The one I know says that he expects the same sales he used to have to just be spread over more work/labor hours, with Sunday adding to costs, not to actual sales.

I did go and buy a bottle yesterday. 23 year old bourbon. The main reason I went was to be a jerk to the store owner. I've known him for 20 years, he was my customer years ago, now I'm his customer. So I went in there just to joke around with him. Turned out I emptied my wallet for that bottle of bourbon, but its not too common to find bourbon that is aged that long so it just had to come home with me.
    He still has the option to not be open on Sundays. The market should determine what hours a store is open, not the .gov.

Last edited:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    He still has the option to not be open on Sundays. The market should determine what hours a store is open, not the .gov.

Of course he has the option. But until the market decides what the consumers want he needs to be there to serve their needs.

His shop is on the outskirts of Cedar Lake. It was surprisingly busy during the time I was there. I'm sure if sales fall off he could cut his Sunday hours back. But otherwise he could end up losing 1/7th of his sales if he is not open while increasing his labor and utilities costs.

The grocery store about a mile away from his liquor had a wine tasting party and the clerks were expecting a big crowd. I was told they were giving away free hot dogs & wine. Well, it is a grocery store in Cedar Lake, so hot dogs and wine seems like a good pairing. To someone?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Of course he has the option. But until the market decides what the consumers want he needs to be there to serve their needs.

His shop is on the outskirts of Cedar Lake. It was surprisingly busy during the time I was there. I'm sure if sales fall off he could cut his Sunday hours back. But otherwise he could end up losing 1/7th of his sales if he is not open while increasing his labor and utilities costs.

The grocery store about a mile away from his liquor had a wine tasting party and the clerks were expecting a big crowd. I was told they were giving away free hot dogs & wine. Well, it is a grocery store in Cedar Lake, so hot dogs and wine seems like a good pairing. To someone?
    Boone Farms? Franzia?
    :laugh:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    He might have the same sales spread over 7 days.
    On the other hand, this close to the border, he might gain some that he was losing to Illinois.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Its a nice beginner gun.
    Very heavy which gives no recoil for thw
    22lr. That being said get the newer generation of it cause the takedown to clean the mkiii is a ......... it's too much work and a headache. The one i have ive only took it apart 3 times and just semi clean now a days.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Lots of youtube videos on all the issues of taking it apart vs the new gen which ruger finally learned to redo the design for easier cleaning after all the aftermarket mods that were being sold for it

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    What do you guys think of the Ruger Mk III?

I had one and they are excellent shooters
    Like Jedi said they are heavy. Sold it and got the Mark iv 22/45 lite. Extremely simple takedown and tandemkross makes a great trigger for it. The wife puts 1" groups together with it at 50ft. I love it. Nice and lightweight.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I was just looking at one with a threaded barrel.
    I guess it would be better to get a mk iv and find a threaded barrel to put in?

I think volquartsen might have a barrel.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I was just looking at one with a threaded barrel.
    I guess it would be better to get a mk iv and find a threaded barrel to put in?

I think volquartsen might have a barrel.

If you get the mark iv 22/45 lite it come with a threaded barrel. I'll see if i can find a pic and post it

Edit heres pic of mine.
    2zz2e80.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom