Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    "This Friday, in honor of Veterans Day, all current and former military personnel will receive free entrance to our shooting range. Must bring ID." -Blythe's

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Got an email saying 10ish days for final approval of my VW buyback. Went shopping last Sat and narrowed it down, but still need to decide what I'm getting.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    How's the back act'? You missed all the gunbunnies in bikinis at the range last warm M&S. I wasn't allowed to take pics as A: I'm not a photographer, B: :drool: I was distracted, & C: GB has some copyright legal mumbojumbo going on.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Ballstater I wasn't going to mention the end of the year M&S but you got to admit it was awesome...

Jedi, might catch a little problems with the DNR though with all the attention the young ladies were getting out there... Oh well....

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Good morning all.

Well today is the day.

Off to the races in about an hour.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I'm still laid up in bed.
    Hope you get better soon!

Feels weird not not getting up and heading out to vote this morning. Wife and I decided to go the early voting route a couple weeks ago with the newborn factor. Now I'm hearing the horror stories of people in lines already. Ya, we made the right call.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In

Feels weird not not getting up and heading out to vote this morning. Wife and I decided to go the early voting route a couple weeks ago with the newborn factor. Now I'm hearing the horror stories of people in lines already. Ya, we made the right call.
    I will find out this afternoon on my home after work.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI

You didn't do it the Chicago way? Early and often?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Got an email saying 10ish days for final approval of my VW buyback. Went shopping last Sat and narrowed it down, but still need to decide what I'm getting.
    No desire to get rid of my diesel Jetta. I'm taking the money and getting the 'fix' from VW. Supposed to reduce fuel economy by 1 mpg. But it gets exceptional economy with very good (relative) performance so no desire to give it up. Might even use some of the $$$$ they give me to get an APR tune to the engine.

Actually kind of hoping that my A6 diesel has a cheat on it too. Bought it new at a great price, already has an APR tune, phenomenal performance and power, and actually gets better fuel economy than the little Jetta despite the fact that the engine is much larger!

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Well...sigh...here we go...

St John township precinct 8....1/2 hr wait....not too bad. People seemed to take a long time in the booths...

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Voted in Hammond. There was no line when I got there, but by the time I was done there were 4 or 5 people waiting. There are only 2 machines in my precinct, one was occupied when I arrived and the same person was still in it when I left.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    No desire to get rid of my diesel Jetta. I'm taking the money and getting the 'fix' from VW. Supposed to reduce fuel economy by 1 mpg. But it gets exceptional economy with very good (relative) performance so no desire to give it up. Might even use some of the $$$$ they give me to get an APR tune to the engine.

Actually kind of hoping that my A6 diesel has a cheat on it too. Bought it new at a great price, already has an APR tune, phenomenal performance and power, and actually gets better fuel economy than the little Jetta despite the fact that the engine is much larger!
    I've gone back and forth, especially with all the driving I do. But with another transmission service due, new tires and brakes soon, a shaking at high speeds in the steering wheel, some parking lot body damage, and no final fix in sight, I figured I'd get out of it now and switch up to something new.

The new Passat is intriguing especially since they stepped up the tech game on the whole line. The Golf Alltrack is another interest. Other than those there's Mazda 6, Toyota Avalon, Hyundai Sonata, and possibly a couple others on the "short list".

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Avalon Hybrid is interesting because its big, fairly nice inside, and decent performance.

I'm not really current on the Mazda 6 so no opinion. Generally the line from Mazda is nice, but I think their body styles seem a little trendy. I used to own an RX7 and it was a great performance car, nice fit & finish, nice leather, nice materials and I believe they have only gotten better.

Sonata does nothing for me. Drove an older one and fit and finish were terrible, materials were clearly below German standards. Maybe new models have changed? I know they make good copies of things but I'm not convinced they actually get it right.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    WTF is going on!? They won't let me vote again!

Wanna know whats funny but not really.
    My grandpa has been dead for over 10 years.
    However, yeaterday a flyer came in the mail addressed to him from a certain political party to go and vote.
    Im sure grandpa already voted in this election.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom