Not open for further replies.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Actual beautiful morning going so far. A little brisk, sun rise is nice, although days are getting shorter for sure.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    In Bloomington today ... as I watch people walk by I can't help but play the drinking game "Hipster or Homeless" in my mind.

How was the drive in to Bloomington. I am hearing the road (37) is a construction disaster. One of my techs is heading back to IU next week. And he is not looking forward to the drive.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    How was the drive in to Bloomington. I am hearing the road (37) is a construction disaster. One of my techs is heading back to IU next week. And he is not looking forward to the drive.

We brought down 2 cars because we are leaving one here with our daughter, who is at the law school.

Wife and daughter were about 10 - 15 miles ahead of me, they came down 37. I had stopped for a coffee so I was trailing. I came south on 67 out of Indy, then picked up 37 for the last bit. Not sure how far the construction goes on 37 but its from at least Martinsville south to Bloomington. I can tell you that I caught up to my wife & daughter at the College Ave exit, so apparently they either were driving slower (in the faster vehicle) or they had more traffic & construction.

What I can also tell you is that late NEXT week the under-grad students will be arriving en mass. Something like 40,000 of them. So I'd plan on all sorts of traffic delays and other grief. Glad to be getting out of here before the mad rush arrives.

Pretty sure that game has no winners.
    Well the residents here who are either hipsters or homeless are clearly losers :rolleyes:

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    The sugar tax in Chicago has made 7-11 change its procedures. The other day I ordered an extra large slurpee, and I was sent to the bathroom where some fat redneck shared his thoughts on race and sexuality.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    So glad I hadn't dealt with that stupid tax. Usually bring in my drinks from Indiana, but for sure no combo meals in the city anymore.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I started bringing drinks with me after they passed the law. I've been telling the actual residents there about it since then too. Most of them did not even know it had been passed or what it actually covered.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    And this is why they have such bad government.
    It isn't like it is any better over here in that regard. Most of this nation does not pay attention to what their politicians are doing. Hell, I don't know that anyone truly can keep up with all of them. There are too many levels trying to pass too many laws for most people to keep up with.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    It isn't like it is any better over here in that regard. Most of this nation does not pay attention to what their politicians are doing. Hell, I don't know that anyone truly can keep up with all of them. There are too many levels trying to pass too many laws for most people to keep up with.

Good observation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom