Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I think Act is volunteering to teach the girls to shoot.:naughty:
    I'm also trying to to also get my massage therapist to the range too. I have an appointment with her in a couple hours. Trying to match her crazy schedule with mine is the problem there.
    ANybody in the area use Sprint cell service? Are you happy with it?
    I had Sprint years ago and dropped them for a couple reasons: service dropping, terrible customer service
    Across the US, I have had the best results with Verizon. Even in the middle of Dale Hollow Lake on a houseboat, I had 1 bar, but I was the only one with any service.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    If you are in town, any of the big carriers should work well enough.

If you are outside town, it will vary a lot. By me for instance Verizon is the only reliable choice. T-Mobile has pretty much no service and Sprint and AT&T are spotty.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I have sprint and no dropped calls for years. Outside NWI/Chicago land area the internet and GPS connection are spotty.

My GPS will lead me all the way to Tere Haute, Crown point and Winamac but it will not connect to lead me home until I reach a town center.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    People talk **** on T-mobile all the time but the only place I've ever had problems with them was like one town in Ohio that I found out only has Verizon service.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    used the dryer twice. It always had a hot smell to it but I figured it was cause it was new. Packing oil or something. Then today it trips the breaker. Try another outlet. Pops again. Sears won't come pick it up, they need me to haul it back and wait til Friday for replacement. They are only offering 10% kick back which isn't enough. Fueling costs and my labor alone aren't even covered with that. I demand satisfaction. Now that I know it wasn't install error and it's a defect I got em.

Not so sure about Sears anymore. My neighbor bought a lawn mower from them. It crapped out after 2 weeks. It's now been 4 weeks and has no replacement mower from them. Not sure how the hell he is handling it. I would be a bit more demanding in this situation.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I'm also trying to to also get my massage therapist to the range too. I have an appointment with her in a couple hours. Trying to match her crazy schedule with mine is the problem there.
    Got her on board! She's going to contact me at a later date.

Not so sure about Sears anymore. My neighbor bought a lawn mower from them. It crapped out after 2 weeks. It's now been 4 weeks and has no replacement mower from them. Not sure how the hell he is handling it. I would be a bit more demanding in this situation.
    Absurd for sure. My fridge and snowthrower have been good and the service plan has been pretty reliable.
    I've purchased most of my lawn equipment through Portage Equipment & Supply or Gruel Brothers and had great luck.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219

Crap. Had them about 4-5 years ago when they were promising new LTE towers, but never delivered. I would drop calls going down 80-94 randomly. Even when you have full service, data speeds are crap, and I pull more 3G on sprint then any other carrier, ever. I personally have AT&T and other than not having unlimited data its great. I have 15GB and rarely get close to it, and service is great. I Sprint through work and its still terrible from Munster to Michigan City, and most places in between.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Weather is coming.

We live in far west suburban Lowellabama.

Running on generator now. Power went out at 3:13pm according to the flashing clocks.

No rain. Only light wind. Sky is dark to the north but only lightly cloudy here. Looks like rain to the north and northwest of here.

Not sure why the power failed. Maybe all the north county thus stole ours?

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Still running on generator (now over 1 hour).

Still NO rain.

Wind picked up for a while but it has calmed down somewhat.
    I know sometimes a lot of summer heat blows the power, but I'm think it's Jedi and his Raccoon friends trying to isolate you. Better check the perimeter

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Sssshhhh repeater..
    Ive given the racoons rockets and doggie treats.
    Just signed a pack with the possums as well so soon we will have that redneck cornered.

Btw you are south of us30. Elecyricity is a special wow out that way. Ya rednecks are use to using candles.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Sssshhhh repeater..
    Ive given the racoons rockets and doggie treats.
    Just signed a pack with the possums as well so soon we will have that redneck cornered.

Btw you are south of us30. Elecyricity is a special wow out that way. Ya rednecks are use to using candles.
    Look out the window. Its still sunny. We rednecks are smart enough to use candles at night.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    People talk **** on T-mobile all the time but the only place I've ever had problems with them was like one town in Ohio that I found out only has Verizon service.
    You've never been to my house. My mother and step-daughter both have T-Mobile and get pretty much no service here.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    You've never been to my house. My mother and step-daughter both have T-Mobile and get pretty much no service here.

Pretty sure that Verizon has the best network of towers for rural areas.

I have AT&T and the ONLY reason I get reception is because I have an AT&T repeater in my house. Without that I only get reception on good days with perfection atmospheric conditions, when the sky is blue, there are no left wing chem-trails, the moon is full and the women aren't b!**#ing.

I had Sprint years ago. That was like trying to get cell reception in a cave below the south pole. It was great in the cities.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom