Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I went to first thru third grade in Hammond.
    The railroads would give a lecture about rail safety.

Maybe they should bring that back.

Im sure if they do bring it back they'll offend someone.
    Ohhh the horror... THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
    No we can't have that its school. Its to scary.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Im sure if they do bring it back they'll offend someone.
    Ohhh the horror... THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
    No we can't have that its school. Its to scary.

Normally whatever Jedi says I would jump on and make fun of the statement.

BUT in this case I have to admit that my round brown friend is right on the money. Sadly. Seriously it really is crazy how overly sensitive our schools have become. Taco Tuesday is now 'cultural appropriation' and its against the rules to serve fried chicken & watermelon because that is 'racist'. You will see a lot of white people riot if they ban the Perogi festival in Whiting.

Heck if Jedi didn't know me he might be 'offended' by me calling him my 'round brown' friend. Certainly in today's society that statement would get me kicked out of an Ivy League college. Even if my belly is as big . . . (in all fairness I haven't gotten together with Jedi in a while and I don't know if he is currently fat or fit & trim or if he is somewhere in between). And the "brown" statement, if made in a workplace, would get me in trouble with the EEOC. We are not allowed to use descriptive words because they are now offensive. And the fact that my best friend and one of my business partners is a Mexican-American makes zero difference in the court of public opinion, its only my statement toward Jedi that matters, not what is in my heart or not our past relationship, etc.

"Retarded" is a word that means something is held back. It could apply to retarding the spark timing in an internal combustion engine, and that is fine. But apply that word to a human in this decade and you are immediately corrected by the POLITICALLY CORRECT WORD POLICE that that person is actually not "retarded" but they are, now, "differently abled" because that is not offensive.

Heck we have Special Forces and Special Olympics ... what are the implications of that?

/Rant :oldwise:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    MD,
    What do you know? You are just an old entitled White man. By default you are sexist and racist and are pretty close to the devil incarnate.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Please... after a dozen or so CAT6 you will have fond memories of how easy CAT5 is.

CAT6 connectors are easy to put on. What you talking about?
    Use the AMP jack and AMP tool and you are done in a flash.
    R7825878-01.jpg

1725150-1 | TE Connectivity Crimp Tool SL 110 Series Jack, Minimum 24AWG, Maximum 22AWG | TE Connectivity

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

BUT in this case I have to admit that my round brown friend is right on the money. Sadly. Seriously it really is crazy how overly sensitive our schools have become. Taco Tuesday is now 'cultural appropriation' and its against the rules to serve fried chicken & watermelon because that is 'racist'. You will see a lot of white people riot if they ban the Perogi festival in Whiting.

Heck if Jedi didn't know me he might be 'offended' by me calling him my 'round brown' friend. Certainly in today's society that statement would get me kicked out of an Ivy League college. Even if my belly is as big . . . (in all fairness I haven't gotten together with Jedi in a while and I don't know if he is currently fat or fit & trim or if he is somewhere in between). And the "brown" statement, if made in a workplace, would get me in trouble with the EEOC. We are not allowed to use descriptive words because they are now offensive. And the fact that my best friend and one of my business partners is a Mexican-American makes zero difference in the court of public opinion, its only my statement toward Jedi that matters, not what is in my heart or not our past relationship, etc.

"Retarded" is a word that means something is held back. It could apply to retarding the spark timing in an internal combustion engine, and that is fine. But apply that word to a human in this decade and you are immediately corrected by the POLITICALLY CORRECT WORD POLICE that that person is actually not "retarded" but they are, now, "differently abled" because that is not offensive.

Heck we have Special Forces and Special Olympics ... what are the implications of that?

/Rant :oldwise:

Me offended by a :puke: south of Lake County Redneck traitor that was once a thug (lived north of US30).
    Never.... :)

Besides I keep getting reminded at work that my language is not sensitive :faint: but whatever.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Me offended by a :puke: south of Lake County Redneck traitor that was once a thug (lived north of US30).

Besides I keep getting reminded at work that my language is not sensitive :faint: but whatever.
    I think they are trying to tell you that your language isn't "English". I'm not really sure what it is. :dunno:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    MD,
    What do you know? You are just an old entitled White man. By default you are sexist and racist and are pretty close to the devil incarnate.
    True dat ... oh wait, "dat" is cultural appropriation of the language of hoodlums.

Rednecks might take offense, if only they were smart enough to know how ... isn't that special :rolleyes:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I think Bigretic is joking because RJ45s are the same for Cat5 and Cat6 except the ones made for Cat6 can just punch through a slightly denser solid core.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    The crimp head is different but as far as putting them together they function the same. The little insert you put the wires through before putting it in the head of the RJ-45 is a little different, but those are the only differences I've seen.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage

I attended Catholic grade school in the middle to late 60's. Man the smacking around, swats, kneeling on rulers. One time I had a male teacher, Mr Hough grab me by the front of the shirt and slam me into a locker. Of course I did not deserve any of it. :cool:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Yeahbaby' mom: my boy was turning his life around.
    Yeahbaby's grandma: he was a good kid

;)

Catholic nuns were evil! That ruler of theirs would strike when i least expected it and i never saw her with it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom