Not open for further replies.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Quick question for nwi.
    Looking to move to merriville/crownpoint area. Thinking 4br 1800+sf with a place to shoot. Any good locations to search? Maybe 200k or less. Less means more ammo each month.. Lol

Last edited:

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    I think you'd have to be outside of Merrillville or Crown Point. In town they don't generally allow shooting.

Thats what I was thinking. Just checking if anyone had any leads. Trying to stay away from Gary and Chicago for obvious reasons.i have a good job lined up in Chicago.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Thats what I was thinking. Just checking if anyone had any leads. Trying to stay away from Gary and Chicago for obvious reasons.i have a good job lined up in Chicago.

I've shot on a farm, outside of Lakes of the Four Seasons. It was in an unincorporated area. But that was a long time ago, so I don't know if its been incorporated, or even where exactly it was.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Off to work I go with cold and sunshine. Have a shred event today from 10 to 2 at the Hobart YMCA and can't get the Village People song out of my head. :whistle:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    You'll probably want to look South of Crown Point. Stay relatively close to 65 to keep your commute bearable.

Your other option would be to go East to Porter County. I live in East of Crown Point in Porter County. There are a lot of people out here shooting on their property.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    You'll probably want to look South of Crown Point. Stay relatively close to 65 to keep your commute bearable.

Your other option would be to go East to Porter County. I live in East of Crown Point in Porter County. There are a lot of people out here shooting on their property.
    You mean those crazy Lake Eliza people? They do that everyday. :ar15:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

You may also want to look at south lake county, west/southwest of Cedar Lake and west/southwest of Lowell. Those areas border the state line, there is easy access to 394 which takes you right into 94 and/or 294 for access to the city.

I live due west of Lowell within sight of the Illinois state line.
    • Door-to-door I can be inside a restaurant in Chicago's Chinatown in roughly 50 minutes.
    • O'Hare Airport off of 294 on the northwest side of Chicago takes me just about 1 hour but of that 1 hour drive I might be speeding for 59 of those 60 minutes using a radar detector to alert me of the police.
    • 1 hour to get to Macy's on State Street downtown, add 5 to 15 minutes to get into the parking garage, park, and walk into the door of Macy's
    • All the above traffic/drive times are NON-rush hour

FWIW, we shoot in my neighborhood which has 30 homes on 150 acres. Also, of the 30 homeowners I believe that 29 are "Illinois refugees" who fled high taxes and moved into Indiana but mostly still work on the dark side of the state line.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It was a Jedi knight patch. I was going to say, that I didn't think Jedi knights wore patches. But, the patch didn't show in the post, just the x in a box.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    How bout this one?
    GB20.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom