jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Waiting at Levin tire.

Special ordered some tires. Was assured the delivery would be here at 8am. Set my appointment for 9am.

9:20am I was informed that the truck with my tires had not arrived yet. Of course they already had my car on the rack, wheels and tires removed. So I'm sitting and waiting :xmad:

My sis has been to the one on indy in highland n she said never again. It was an all day at that place for 2 tires they claimed they had in,stock.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Wife and I took the kid on a stroller ride in the 70's, now grilling in a parka. NWI weather is a roller coaster today.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    So what is the deal with Gander Mtn?? They have 15% off everting but ammo?? I went there 2 days ago and carried up 2 cases of shotgun ammo just for her to tell me there is no discount on ammo.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Nice day out of the office, but working at a sub office today. I already wish I could work there more often, but not big on a 2 hour commute one way.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    So what is the deal with Gander Mtn?? They have 15% off everting but ammo?? I went there 2 days ago and carried up 2 cases of shotgun ammo just for her to tell me there is no discount on ammo.
    I figured that would be the case. Ammo is a commodity.

I parked the car in the garage until the rain passes.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

Ammo and guns can be transferred easily to another store and sell quickly, and inventory turns monthly. The other merchandise can take months to sell, or is seasonal and only sells during 1 season of the year. They need to move out the inventory that has lower 'turn' rates.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I heard there will be bigger discounts in mid April. Someone who works for Gander takes their pets to the place my wife works and they gave her the low down because she knew about it from here first.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Yeah, well i just went and didn't even get the 15% off. 10%, they are not honoring the coupon they sent out either.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Is gander being run by the previous employees? It seems like when they shut these places they often bring in outside people from bankruptcy companies that run the show when they are shutting down the store.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom