• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Replaced a wheel bearing today. I had to have a buddy drive me around with my head in the trunk to figure out what side it was.

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    Curious to hear about it.

I've got a 75 gallon tank in the basement that is 22 years old and I'm just waiting for that to fail. Can't justify getting rid of it until it fails but I suspect a tankless gas fired unit may be the smart replacement. They are just so damned expensive compared to the units with tanks. Still, with a 75 gallon tub of hot water in my basement, there is no real efficiency in what I have so maybe the efficiency of a tankless is actually easily justified.
    I have one and love it. It does takes a bit longer initially but then the supply is unlimited( At least until Lake Mead runs dry)

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I'm starting to think of a shotgun as a novelty weapon. It's a pain in the butt to feed and as my shootin' friends like to point out, there's almost nothing a shotgun can do that a rifle can't do (talking about antipersonnel use).

Still, it was a good match.
    12 gauge and .308 have very similar energy out to 50 yards (I haven't looked beyond that) but the biggest question is how much of that energy is transferred to the target? Just off the top of my head I'd think that a 12 ga hollow point slug would transfer so much more of it's energy than a .308. Why do I think that? First because a 12 ga slug has a larger diameter surface area that is transferring energy, second, because many 12 ga slugs (even hollow points) are flat nosed or nearly so which adds to the energy transfer. Lastly, I've seen the damage done to deer by both at 50-75 yards and the slug caused more visible damage than the .308.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I recall trying to get into my neighbors house to get their pets out.. there was no way.. being 8 feet from the windows your hair starting to sizzle and you would choke... Sooo sad

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    It today's tech, I can't believe there isn't anything more effective then water.

Something along the lines of tossing in 'bombs' and some voodoo scientific reaction takes place and exspells the fire

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    It today's tech, I can't believe there isn't anything more effective then water.

Something along the lines of tossing in 'bombs' and some voodoo scientific reaction takes place and exspells the fire

HALON

But it could also suffocate anyone/any living thing inside while it suffocates the flames. And its not cheap. Its used in high dollar computer/electronics rooms that are isolated.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I had to watch a video on that. My instructions were if it ever went off, stand here and hold the disable switch until engineering arrived. :n00b:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom