• Status
    Not open for further replies.

wassup61

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2015
    nwi
    Maybe this was posted above (too lazy to check) but I saw on Facebook that they are struggling to stay open. We need to patronize them. I'm definitely going to make an effort to get there.

You here right now? I'm checking in at veterans cafem.. food review to follow

Edit the above.... didn't eat there, sat for 20 minutes, waitress seemed somewhere else and another seever took our order, left 5 bucks for the diet coke and left.

I have owned a successful restaurant, and would be willing to offer free consultation. As it stands, this place will fail.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I was there at 2,

My wife and I had to wait five minutes to be seated. waitress walked past several times. empty tables and booths. A little busy, so I'll give them a pass.

The waitress came to the door and grabbed her son and seated him at an empty booth, walked past us to the pass and got him a large drink and took it to him. You gotta take care of family.

She finally came to us and seated us. Then she went to get a rag to wipe the table. said she would get us a drink and menus and walked away. She came back and gave us menus (common food, quite pricey)and began to leave. I stopped her and told her I wanted coffee she began to walk away and my wife said I'd like a coffee too. she said she would be right back. Several minutes later she brought us coffee, and walked away. My wife called to her and asked her for a spoon. She left and came back to take our order. Still no flatware.

I asked what the soup of the day was and she told me chicken noodle, which was one of the two listed before soup of the day. I ordered the grilled tenderloin hamburger, she said they didn't have that and went into a long explanation of how another customer had ordered it earlier. My wife did what she always does, ordered the smallest cheapest item on the menu.

We sat for ten or fifteen minutes and another waitress came to our table, she was very nervous and frigidity as she gwent through her pockets and an order book and told us that they had a problem and had to take our orders again.

I said "your kidding me." she said no. I asked for a bill for two $1.85 cups of coffee and told her we were leaving.
    She said not to worry about the coffee. I wanted to press her for a bill, but also wanted to get out of there.

We may have caused too many folks to go by today, they may not be used to having more than a couple of customers at a time.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Soooo got the scope/scope base and new sights all on the Marlin today.... plus she is sighted in to boot....

marlin352317hdrfin.jpg

wassup61

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2015
    nwi
    I was there at 2,

My wife and I had to wait five minutes to be seated. waitress walked past several times. empty tables and booths. A little busy, so I'll give them a pass.

The waitress came to the door and grabbed her son and seated him at an empty booth, walked past us to the pass and got him a large drink and took it to him. You gotta take care of family.

She finally came to us and seated us. Then she went to get a rag to wipe the table. said she would get us a drink and menus and walked away. She came back and gave us menus (common food, quite pricey)and began to leave. I stopped her and told her I wanted coffee she began to walk away and my wife said I'd like a coffee too. she said she would be right back. Several minutes later she brought us coffee, and walked away. My wife called to her and asked her for a spoon. She left and came back to take our order. Still no flatware.

I asked what the soup of the day was and she told me chicken noodle, which was one of the two listed before soup of the day. I ordered the grilled tenderloin hamburger, she said they didn't have that and went into a long explanation of how another customer had ordered it earlier. My wife did what she always does, ordered the smallest cheapest item on the menu.

We sat for ten or fifteen minutes and another waitress came to our table, she was very nervous and frigidity as she gwent through her pockets and an order book and told us that they had a problem and had to take our orders again.

I said "your kidding me." she said no. I asked for a bill for two $1.85 cups of coffee and told her we were leaving.
    She said not to worry about the coffee. I wanted to press her for a bill, but also wanted to get out of there.

We may have caused too many folks to go by today, they may not be used to having more than a couple of customers at a time.

Yep, same type of experience, and I was the one who ordered the tenderloin.

Sat next to a couple, guy was carrying a 1911 compact (ria tactical in an iwb holster, but no belt and condition 3:dunno:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom