• Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Ok guys. Furnace won't keep up. The flame shuts down after awhile. Then a series of clicks, and nothing. But if I kill master power, and turn back on, boom, glow plug starts, then click, then fire. It's a weather king and I'm propane... thinking flame sensor or gas valve?

High efficiency with a blower to exhaust condensation?

If so check the trap on the condensation drip tube. If it is full, blow it out and the furnace should start properly and confuse to run a full cycle.

Mine has to be blown out/drained about twice a year.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Find the diagnostics chart. It should be on the inside of the door. Take a picture of it and print it out for easier use. Go down the list. it could be the board.

This. There should be diagnostic leds on the board that flash the error code. Google the error on the diag chart. I had spider silk blocking a sensor tube on mine.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    High efficiency with a blower to exhaust condensation?

If so check the trap on the condensation drip tube. If it is full, blow it out and the furnace should start properly and confuse to run a full cycle.

Mine has to be blown out/drained about twice a year.

Condensation trap, and also check the burner. Make sure it's not plugged up with spider webs. Gotta have a correct mixture of air/gas. Plugged burners throw off the mixture.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I.C.35-47-11.1-4 (preemption law):
    "Sec 4 This chapter may not be construed to prevent any of the following:
    ...(6) The enactment or enforcement of a provision prohibiting or restricting the intentional display of a firearm at a public meeting."

IOW, you can carry but no show and tell.

I would have replied sooner, but I was distracted by horrendous playoff football.

Yuppie!! Thanks for the info. See WD there was a valid concern. :)

Quaker steak?
    'We have done it there before.

Understandable. Both food and service were terrible when I was there.

Oh so sad... NOT!!

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Ok guys. Furnace won't keep up. The flame shuts down after awhile. Then a series of clicks, and nothing. But if I kill master power, and turn back on, boom, glow plug starts, then click, then fire. It's a weather king and I'm propane... thinking flame sensor or gas valve?

Silly enough, replace filter

I had a month old filter in mine last year, burner would come on, burn for a bit, blower started and ran for a minute or three then the burner shut off, blower continued for full cool down cycle. House eventually got below 50 and I took a bunch of sensors out to measure them, everything checked out. The control board flashing light count said "call for service"

I happened to measure the right temp sensor output as the burner shut down and decided to pull the filter. Had opened a return duct terminal cover prior and saw a reduction, and the burner stayed on a few minutes longer. Once I pulled the filter the burner stayed on, and the house went from 50 to 65F.

Put in a new filter and had no issues. Guess that one just plugged prematurely. I run high density filters and change every 5-6 weeks. They do plug if left for 2 months.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Ok so I came home and it was running, house was at 66. I saw the drain line and it's open at the top, blew air down now I'm recycling the furnace. It kicked on, flames kicked on, then went out

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Jedi, I just got this reply from Guy.

No, there is no legal prohibition against carrying a gun at a j"political meeting" unless it is being held at an otherwise prohibited location - school, federal facility, courtroom etc. What people may be thinking of is that there is an exception in the firearms preemption act that says a local government (city, town, etc.) MAY ban the "intentional display of a firearm at a public meeting" if they so choose. That doesn't mean it's illegal, it just means that a particular city or county can have that regulation if they want to.

CyberGuyPR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    NWI
    Any idea where I can find a couple of small pallets around Schererville/Dyer/Saint John? Want to build a coffee table for my new basement home office but have no idea where to look.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom