Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It's times like these when you can justify not to DIY. If it took 2 electricians who were working nonstop (sweating in the AC) 3 1/2 hours to get a job done, I believe I made the right call.

I felt the same way about the garage door spring. That's a lot of tension. Might as well leave it to the experts.

Well Suicide Squad was just OK. It had it's funny moments and a few :crying: but all the hype about the Joker was for nothing.

Seems to be MOST movies.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    It's times like these when you can justify not to DIY. If it took 2 electricians who were working nonstop (sweating in the AC) 3 1/2 hours to get a job done, I believe I made the right call.
    What's A/C. JK, I have some in the bedroom. I couldn't sleep without it.

This seems to be status quo these days. The last few fresh win7 installs I've done have gone this way. You may find some enjoyment from checking this out. I've used it for some time now and I like not having to deal with MS for the initial updates. That and a site called ninite.com for new machines.
    I thought of this when GB posted that. I haven't used it, but I think of it every time i have a new install.

Windows 10. Come to the Dark Side. It is your destany.
    NEVER! It's a PC, not a phone.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Windows 10 is fine if you just use your PC to get on some basic websites but don't go there if your using any kind of Oracle based DB, or citrix or any 4 of the POS packages I've watched bomb on it...

Windows 7 is their last rendition of a working OS...

Thanks Bulletsmith I'll have to try that cause at this point I have 2 days in this computer and the client isn't going to be happy...

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Hmm..We are beginning the migration to Win10 where I work. I've had it for a few weeks now and have had zero problems getting anything to work on it.

You're installing an Oracle DB on a workstation?

Are you talking about a Citrix client?

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    so while im perusing google maps, i stumble into hopkins park IL. does anyone have any info about the sand dunes they have there? it says off road park... can anyone just ride there? I know hopkins if kinda rough area though

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    And apparently the theme of the day is garbage. Fitting since my recycle bin in the kitchen is overflowing, and I don't even think anyone put a bag in before it got filled up.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    1 year ago our little dog died of cancer. This spring our Akita died.

I think its time to find some dogs. Heading to Petsmart today, and possibly an animal shelter after that to see if we can find a small dog. Sent an email to the local Akita rescue society to see if we can find another Akita. House is too quiet.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    1 year ago our little dog died of cancer. This spring our Akita died.

I think its time to find some dogs. Heading to Petsmart today, and possibly an animal shelter after that to see if we can find a small dog. Sent an email to the local Akita rescue society to see if we can find another Akita. House is too quiet.

Check out 2x2 rescue. I think they are in Merrillville. They are on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/2X2Rescue/app/128953167177144/

I think Farkle is adorable. https://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/35857605 They also have an Akita/Husky mix.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I bought 2 INGO lowers in the first group buy and I just don't see myself building anything with them. Serials are INGO16101 and 16102. Anyone here interested in them before they go in the classifieds? Selling at my cost. $190 for both. Would prefer to sell them together.

Just hold on to them in jan you can just turn them in to hillary along with the rest of your stuff

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Check out 2x2 rescue. I think they are in Merrillville. They are on Facebook. ...

Hmmm they have rabbits. Rabbits are yummy.

Probably the wrong attitude to go into a rescue with when looking for a companion. :cool:

I think ??? we may have found what we are looking for at a shelter in Hobart but we want to see what is at Petsmart too.

As for the Akita, I've got a soft spot for that breed and there is a dedicated rescue society for them with quite a few good candidates that would work for us. So I'm planning to deal with them for an Akita.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Glad you found what you want. They all need homes.

I really like that little Farkle, but we're already overwhelmed with our four dogs. Two are 12 and one is not doing well. The others are 10 and 7, and the 7-yr-old is obese with congestive heart failure.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom