Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    So I've been pondering this question a guy asked me while at the VFW on Saturday to drop off tickets and such. We started talking about guns as he had bought some tickets while I was there, and he told me he had a 92FS he was looking to trade for something slimmer or a compact 92. I asked him what he had all to go with it if he was looking to trade and he told me box, paperwork, 6 mags, some kind of skull engraved grips, and the original grips.

I told him I have a CZ85 and 75 and he asked if I wanted to trade. I told him the 75 would never go as it was made the year I was born and is from the land some of my ancestors called home. I tell him after some talking what I paid, about going to drakes to get coated a green/black combo, and that if I did trade it would only come with 2 mags. He still wanted to trade and gave me his number as I told him I would really have to think about this and it may be a few weeks or so till i got back to him.

I do have a 92F so upgrading to a 92FS with roughly 1k rounds through it would be a huge draw. I could sell the 92F for what I paid for the 85 and get another surplus to replace, or whatever I choose to get. I have been shooting right handed handguns for so long I have gotten use to the controls using my left hand and the 85 gone wouldn't be a big loss. I know I would be getting the better deal in the long run as the gun has been coated, and has only had a few cajun upgrades which if I wanted to as I did not mention anything about it could convert back to what I bought. The gun is also surplus so has the importer marking on it albeit in fine laser etching. I do have wood grips on. I would be putting the stock ones on as the grips are too nice and if I were to get another 75/85 then I could throw them on.

So what say you INGO if you were in my shoes would you trade straight across? Anything else you would do. I figure my value at this time would be roughly 425-475 while his should run around 475-525.
    So it sounds like you are trying to talk yourself out of the 92fs trade. Just do it! You also save $ by not going to Drakes. Then take what you were going to spend there + sell the 92f = new toy!

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    So I've been pondering this question a guy asked me while at the VFW on Saturday to drop off tickets and such. We started talking about guns as he had bought some tickets while I was there, and he told me he had a 92FS he was looking to trade for something slimmer or a compact 92. I asked him what he had all to go with it if he was looking to trade and he told me box, paperwork, 6 mags, some kind of skull engraved grips, and the original grips.

I told him I have a CZ85 and 75 and he asked if I wanted to trade. I told him the 75 would never go as it was made the year I was born and is from the land some of my ancestors called home. I tell him after some talking what I paid, about going to drakes to get coated a green/black combo, and that if I did trade it would only come with 2 mags. He still wanted to trade and gave me his number as I told him I would really have to think about this and it may be a few weeks or so till i got back to him.

I do have a 92F so upgrading to a 92FS with roughly 1k rounds through it would be a huge draw. I could sell the 92F for what I paid for the 85 and get another surplus to replace, or whatever I choose to get. I have been shooting right handed handguns for so long I have gotten use to the controls using my left hand and the 85 gone wouldn't be a big loss. I know I would be getting the better deal in the long run as the gun has been coated, and has only had a few cajun upgrades which if I wanted to as I did not mention anything about it could convert back to what I bought. The gun is also surplus so has the importer marking on it albeit in fine laser etching. I do have wood grips on. I would be putting the stock ones on as the grips are too nice and if I were to get another 75/85 then I could throw them on.

So what say you INGO if you were in my shoes would you trade straight across? Anything else you would do. I figure my value at this time would be roughly 425-475 while his should run around 475-525.
    Pick me. It's almost my half birthday.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I could hear my son cooing and flailing around, so I got up at 4am and started making coffee and getting a bottle ready. Looked at the monitor...he's back asleep. :rolleyes: Guess he realized a storm is good sleeping weather.

The he plants ought to be happy, happy, happy. Water and an added dose of nitrogen thanks to the lightning!

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Anyone know any really, really, good family law attorneys that truly care about justice for their clients? Let me know as a buddy might be heading that route again. You can PM me if you wish.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Anyone know any really, really, good family law attorneys that truly care about justice for their clients? Let me know as a buddy might be heading that route again. You can PM me if you wish.
    No. Tell your buddy good luck. A path some of us have taken and in time everything calms down to a dull roar.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    So it sounds like you are trying to talk yourself out of the 92fs trade. Just do it! You also save $ by not going to Drakes. Then take what you were going to spend there + sell the 92f = new toy!

The 85's been coated already, so the color combo I have will not jive with some so the value takes a bit of a hit. I think I will text him up and see if he can meet today at the V. I would get a plus 4 mag increase with the 92fs trade and 92f sale.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    1775, Sooooooo what your saying is you might have a Beretta 92f for sale..... hhhhhmmmmmm..... Getting ready to buy a Chiappa M9 turkish copy so maybe you should hit me up if you decide to sell.....

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    1775, Sooooooo what your saying is you might have a Beretta 92f for sale..... hhhhhmmmmmm..... Getting ready to buy a Chiappa M9 turkish copy so maybe you should hit me up if you decide to sell.....

Well after I thought it would be a done deal. Renegotiated to trade straight across guns with standard 2 mag factory grips, or in my case the wood grips that came with it, and CGW parts I had already installed. He texts back 5 min later saying the value is still a big difference and asks for 100 on my end. I told him I would have to pass.

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky

Had to put down our dog lucky yesterday (dog on left). He had been sick and got to the point he couldn't walk or sit up to eat. We tried everything for him and nothing worked. He is at peace now and not suffering anymore. Poor guy. We miss him already.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI

Had to put down our dog lucky yesterday (dog on left). He had been sick and got to the point he couldn't walk or sit up to eat. We tried everything for him and nothing worked. He is at peace now and not suffering anymore. Poor guy. We miss him already.

Always a sad day when you have to weigh the quality of life. Best wishes.

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    Thanks everyone. Very sad. We have accepted it last week but didn't make it any easier. We have so many good memories we will keep. Once we heal we will get another dog because that bull dog is an abomination of a dog! Haha. We need another dog dog

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Oh how cute you think that will change something.
    :rofl:
    Its over she is the new telfon don. Don't recall the ingo member that said it but when the scandal 1st came out he said it did not matter if the .gov had all the evidence in the world they would not charge her.

a hundred INGOers said that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom