Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I wasn't going to go to the CP gun show, but I can't resist. If you see a short fat middle-aged redhead wearing camo pants and a tan INGO shirt, say hi.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Leave the purse at home.

I took plenty of cash because you never know. Came home with $20 worth of beef jerky, four $3 pistol rugs, two pair of trauma shears, and a cheap folding knife for my cheese and summer sausage that I take to work for lunch.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    doublestar_stripped_lower.jpg

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Beware the beef jerky at the show. It's all expired. I spent $30 on that crap and just noticed the dates after I realized it tasted like mold.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I went back tonight. Said the stuff was past its expiration date. He said it's a "best by" date, not an expiration date, because jerky keeps forever. I said it was spoiled. He said he would never sell something that would make people sick. I said regardless, I am not fond of the taste of MOLD. He gave me my money back.

I told the show promoter, and he said that was NOT the regular Jack Link's guy who does the show. The regular vendor had a death in his family and cancelled. This is supposedly the supplier of Jack Links to stores in the NWI region. He probably pulls the expired stuff from stores and pawns it off at shows and swap meets. The show promoter said this was the first and last time this guy would do his show.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I went back tonight. Said the stuff was past its expiration date. He said it's a "best by" date, not an expiration date, because jerky keeps forever. I said it was spoiled. He said he would never sell something that would make people sick. I said regardless, I am not fond of the taste of MOLD. He gave me my money back.

I told the show promoter, and he said that was NOT the regular Jack Link's guy who does the show. The regular vendor had a death in his family and cancelled. This is supposedly the supplier of Jack Links to stores in the NWI region. He probably pulls the expired stuff from stores and pawns it off at shows and swap meets. The show promoter said this was the first and last time this guy would do his show.

Report it to the health dept.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Hillary isn't getting my toys..... regardless of what she or it may think...

That sounds like a bad business plan... I hate it when I buy bad food.... The only thing I hate more is bad ammo...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

Jack Links does NOT have exclusive suppliers. Anyone who has the cash and is willing to order in bulk can buy buy direct from Jack Links. So this vendor is not "the supplier" but one of at least a couple dozen suppliers in Northwest Indiana who buys direct. If he is even from NWI.

I used to be a large distributor of Jack Links products.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom