Not open for further replies.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I just made it back from Detroit. What a fantastic light show!:yesway:
    I was on my way to Rockford when it hit northeast Illinois. I'm still seeing floating blue & yellow dots from the lighting flashes. That wind was something else. Was happy to have heavy loads on the way back.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So the wind did not take you to oz hu dorty.
    Major and i believe fatal car accident on i94 near the 103 st exit.
    Not much left of the minivan. At least what apoeared to be 1 body on the road as well.
    Accident in center lane blocking traffic going into city.
    Klb if u r going in avoid this route its gonna be backed up real soon.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    So the wind did not take you to oz hu dorty.
    Major and i believe fatal car accident on i94 near the 103 st exit.
    Not much left of the minivan. At least what apoeared to be 1 body on the road as well.
    Accident in center lane blocking traffic going into city.
    Klb if u r going in avoid this route its gonna be backed up real soon.
    Thanks. WFH today thankfully

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    My daughter is being recruited by Teaching for America.

It is a lefty liberal teaching organization that places teachers in slum schools.

Obviously they are unaware that my daughter is a gun toting, card carrying NRA member who loves free market capitalism. Seriously don't think they are going to convince her to give up a future law degree to become a teacher in south central LA or some other hell hole.

Intersting perspective from someone who quit TfA: http://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2013/09/i-quit-teach-for-america/279724/

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My daughter is being recruited by Teaching for America.

It is a lefty liberal teaching organization that places teachers in slum schools.

Obviously they are unaware that my daughter is a gun toting, card carrying NRA member who loves free market capitalism. Seriously don't think they are going to convince her to give up a future law degree to become a teacher in south central LA or some other hell hole.

Intersting perspective from someone who quit TfA: I Quit Teach for America - The Atlantic

That really doesn't suprise me.

Want kids to learn. Have parents that instill discipline, and take an interest in what their kids do.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    That really doesn't suprise me.

Want kids to learn. Have parents that instill discipline, and take an interest in what their kids do.

I did a bit of research on the group.

Apparently they go to colleges and recruit top performing students and sign them up for 2 years. They don't necessarily go after kids trying to become teachers (my daughter has no desire to be a teacher). But rather they go after the smart kids. Sounds like they indoctrinate them into their method of teaching, which pretty much says "education is a failure and we have the right answer..." So it disses the current education system and overlays their special system, which is just an elitist pro government style system too.

Near as I can tell its for idealists.

Near as I can also tell, nothing about parental responsibility in their concept.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I did a bit of research on the group.

Apparently they go to colleges and recruit top performing students and sign them up for 2 years. They don't necessarily go after kids trying to become teachers (my daughter has no desire to be a teacher). But rather they go after the smart kids. Sounds like they indoctrinate them into their method of teaching, which pretty much says "education is a failure and we have the right answer..." So it disses the current education system and overlays their special system, which is just an elitist pro government style system too.

Near as I can tell its for idealists.

Near as I can also tell, nothing about parental responsibility in their concept.

Of course not. In their minds, they aren't "your" children. They are the collectives.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    We have a Napoleon PRO600RSIB running on natural gas. It has been great.

No experience with the Webers. I can tell you that Consumer Reports likes the Weber Spirit more than the Genesis. It is one of their recommended models.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    charcoal.png

/end

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom