Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Got the wife out after the gun show to bust some clays. 1st time out after hand surgery, & she was 80%! She had a little trouble racking the slide a few times, but I think she's well on her road back.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I care about the government wasting my hard earned money, on things like inspections and emissions checks, and pretty much everything else they spend my money on aside from public health, police, fire and national defense.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Speaking of ice cream...

If you haven't tried it yet, give Dairy Bell a try. They are new place on Rt. 30 next to what used to be Alaskan Pipeline. Their original place is in Hammond, been going there since I was a kid. It's more of a soft serve custard. They have Vanilla and Chocolate and you can get a twist with both :drool:.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    So I did a bunch of yard work today and my knee is killing me, but I did manage to produce a few 357's for testing. I went with 4.9gr of titegroup, CCI SPP, and a 1.585 OAL topped off with a 158gr xtreme FPRN. They seem a bit weak compared to some Geco and federal 357 I ran it against. When testing compared to my 38spl's they seem the same recoil and loudness with ear plugs. Anybody have a different recipe for titegroup with the bullet type I'm using?

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    So I did a bunch of yard work today and my knee is killing me, but I did manage to produce a few 357's for testing. I went with 4.9gr of titegroup, CCI SPP, and a 1.585 OAL topped off with a 158gr xtreme FPRN. They seem a bit weak compared to some Geco and federal 357 I ran it against. When testing compared to my 38spl's they seem the same recoil and loudness with ear plugs. Anybody have a different recipe for titegroup with the bullet type I'm using?

I've never used titegroup, but it looks like you are on the low end of the scale with that one. Check out this site. Also, it's general practice to employ a healthy crimp on a 357.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I've never used titegroup, but it looks like you are on the low end of the scale with that one. Check out this site. Also, it's general practice to employ a healthy crimp on a 357.

I would say the lee crimp die I have does put a decent crimp on compared to the 38 spl's. The barrel they are using is a 10in I have my GP 100 6in. If decent tomorrow I will bump it up to 5.2 and see if it changes the feel since I no longer have my chrono to see the velocity.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    I would say the lee crimp die I have does put a decent crimp on compared to the 38 spl's. The barrel they are using is a 10in I have my GP 100 6in. If decent tomorrow I will bump it up to 5.2 and see if it changes the feel since I no longer have my chrono to see the velocity.

I have no doubt that your crimp die is good. I use Lee dies as well. I just wanted to say that you want to create a crimp that is more than what you would ever see in an auto round. Do your bullets have a crimp groove? or just that knurled area?

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I have no doubt that your crimp die is good. I use Lee dies as well. I just wanted to say that you want to create a crimp that is more than what you would ever see in an auto round. Do your bullets have a crimp groove? or just that knurled area?

knurled area. I might drive the bullet a further .005 as the crimp is pretty much on that area and it should put it right in the middle if I push the bullet deeper.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom