• Status
    Not open for further replies.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana

Obviously there is more to the story than just the company walking away from the table. We are being told that they (the company represerntatives) were following instructions from above that if the union brought anything less than complete surrender to the companie's demands to walk away. There is also a matter of the fact that it seems that the hotel was overbooked for next week so there may be more going on than just the company walking away. Personally I see this as just another tactic by the company to try and scare, or beat the union members into submission. Have you heard any news from you local concerning the contract with your company Actaeon277??

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Looks like getting into and out of my yard at Burns Harbor for Norfolk Southern just got harder and I'm sure our car count will drop.

WHY is that? As far as we are being told that it's business as usual. This is NOT a lockout, or strike at this point. As far as I am concerned it's just a temporary breakdown in negotiations. NOT a lockout or strike. So far there have been absolutely NO call by the union for a strike authorization vote. Without that they can't.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Obviously there is more to the story than just the company walking away from the table. We are being told that they (the company represerntatives) were following instructions from above that if the union brought anything less than complete surrender to the companie's demands to walk away. There is also a matter of the fact that it seems that the hotel was overbooked for next week so there may be more going on than just the company walking away. Personally I see this as just another tactic by the company to try and scare, or beat the union members into submission. Have you heard any news from you local concerning the contract with your company Actaeon277??

The word we have is "keep swiping in until we tell you to stop." I guess they're working on "good faith" as long as they're making "progress" but I'm told that we are still a long ways away from a contract.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Worse come to worse I'll dust off my leopard thong and prepare to shake my money maker. I just might make the "thunder from down under" crew this year.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    WHY is that? As far as we are being told that it's business as usual. This is NOT a lockout, or strike at this point. As far as I am concerned it's just a temporary breakdown in negotiations. NOT a lockout or strike. So far there have been absolutely NO call by the union for a strike authorization vote. Without that they can't.

If it comes to a strike then it will be harder to get into my yard to due the fact those may think I'm trying to scab it at the mill. I come in the east end of my yard by the gate off of 12. I refuse to go through the Port entrance unless the yard work we have going on closes the east end.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    If it comes to a strike then it will be harder to get into my yard to due the fact those may think I'm trying to scab it at the mill. I come in the east end of my yard by the gate off of 12. I refuse to go through the Port entrance unless the yard work we have going on closes the east end.
    Man with a smart plan.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009

We actually had a lady ask where she could cross the picket line at the last union meeting. Some peoples kids, I tell ya.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

We have updates at the hall, in a meeting.
    They were updating people via a facebook group, which is closed to outsiders. But people were copying/pasting to regular facebook. And some of that stuff was getting back to management, hindering negotiations. So no more FB updates.
    US tends to usually be in a better position, and better motivated for the union and company to work together.
    But, we're wondering if some of the stuff they're pushing might be to force a strike, to try to break the union.
    Cause some of their arguments don't make sense.

We actually had a lady ask where she could cross the picket line at the last union meeting. Some peoples kids, I tell ya.

Well, some people would cut their own throat.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Just because it popped up on my timeline: Here is a little Bad Bob for you.

[video=youtube_share;XsU5AMxvlKg]http://youtu.be/XsU5AMxvlKg[/video]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom