Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Hi everybody! What's been going on?

Hi new guy :)

iXaWiqwh.jpg

It's ok Larry, I work hard too.

Place looks familiar.

I like my view better :D

I actually was thinking of your pics when you're relaxing by the fire.
    My place just wasn't so home like.

20150722_183822_zpsv9ayzj6q.jpg

Shoes? ****in rookies.

Come on by my work without shoes.
    I'll make sure to have a fire hose to clean out the wounds and some muricrome.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Yuck. I could use it as a target :):

That's assuming your inferior AR would actually fire without significant maintenance beforehand, ample lubrication, and proper alignment of the stars. After that, hopefully your .22 caliber projectile peashooter will be able to do more than create a mild inconvenience for the intended target.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That's assuming your inferior AR would actually fire without significant maintenance beforehand, ample lubrication, and proper alignment of the stars. After that, hopefully your .22 caliber projectile peashooter will be able to do more than create a mild inconvenience for the intended target.
    Maintenance? Is that like cleaning? I'm allergic :):

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Saw a guy hitting the target at 300 yards with an iron sight AK.
    How accurate you need?

This is why I like AK. I'm in an urban environment. God forbid I actually have to use my weapon in defense, it's likely to be in 300m or below. I can hit my target at that range. Also, In that case, I prefer a 30 cal projectile, like what the US used when we actually liked to win wars.

The AR is cool. I have several. I think their lightness and portability have some advantages. However, if I can only carry one thing, the AK is what I trust.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Saw a guy hitting the target at 300 yards with an iron sight AK.
    How accurate you need?

This is why I like AK. I'm in an urban environment. God forbid I actually have to use my weapon in defense, it's likely to be in 300m or below. I can hit my target at that range. Also, In that case, I prefer a 30 cal projectile, like what the US used when we actually liked to win wars.

The AR is cool. I have several. I think their lightness and portability have some advantages. However, if I can only carry one thing, the AK is what I trust.

jmpupillo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    NWI

A+ and +1 to that sir. ARs are definitely nice guns but I still prefer my Bulgarian AK. It's a little heavier but it goes bang every time, hits hard, and is accurate to boot. :ar15:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I've realized my addiction to the game Civilization is similar to my drinking addiction.
    So, this morning, after playing my entire off day till 4 AM AGAIN, I uninstalled the game.

Now maybe I'll get crap done.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Oh no it's the AR versus the AK debates again...

Soooooo new one on me.... I have been looking for a replacement rear sight assembly for my S&W 686-1 2.5 inch snubbie as the one on the gun has a lot of corrosion and has seen better days... Looks like what I have is the old style sight and it is discontinued and Smith doesn't have any replacements... I'm guessing I'm going to have to have the original sand blasted and re blued and find a spring replacement that will work.... Never thought I would have to jerry rig parts for a Smith.. Won't feel as bad about buying Rugers anymore...

Anybody on here running the 458 SOCOM in a AR platform ? Wondering what you think of the caliber and the velocities/handling from your AR..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom