• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    When I first had a GPS, I followed it through a road closed sign. Having lived through it, it was quite exhilarating. Having been though that, I feel really bad for them.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    hey all. been stupid busy, haven't been on in a few weeks, what'd i miss? sorry we missed the shoot last sunday, just been trying to keep up with work and home, been crazy, but on the plus side, the $$$ is phenomenal!! :rockwoot:

So what you buying us?
    Should i get a list going for you.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Google's satellite images show the road blocked by concrete barriers. I wonder how they got by them or if they are gone.

Depending on which way they were going you can get around them via a car.
    Going north the barrier block it all. On foot it's possible. Coming from Chicago its not fully blocked.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Google's satellite images show the road blocked by concrete barriers. I wonder how they got by them or if they are gone.
    "The Cline Avenue bridge is marked with numerous barricades including orange barrels and cones, large wood signs stating ROAD CLOSED with orange striped markings," Lake County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Patricia Van Til said. "There are concrete barricades across the road to further indicate the road is closed."

A buddy worked for the county and had to sit in a truck with a sign up saying road closed while bridge work was going on. If someone drove up, he had to basically tell them to turn around. There was always someone who ignored him and drove past. A few minutes later, that same car would drive past home again. Just like the railroad gates, people choose to ignore them.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    "The Cline Avenue bridge is marked with numerous barricades including orange barrels and cones, large wood signs stating ROAD CLOSED with orange striped markings," Lake County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Patricia Van Til said. "There are concrete barricades across the road to further indicate the road is closed."

A buddy worked for the county and had to sit in a truck with a sign up saying road closed while bridge work was going on. If someone drove up, he had to basically tell them to turn around. There was always someone who ignored him and drove past. A few minutes later, that same car would drive past home again. Just like the railroad gates, people choose to ignore them.

Some people have no awareness of things around them, and some people think things don't apply to them.
    Because they are safer, they never learn caution.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Anyone reload 380 if so is it more of a PITA than 9mm and I could use the same 115gr plated 9mm bullets I have? I did some looking and it seems I can use the same bullets but would check with the resident reloaders here. I've been looking at the cz 83's and beretta 84's as a car gun so I can bring my 3913 back into the safe or utilize elsewhere.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    yep 380, 9mm, and 357 SIG use the same diameter bullets although not sure if you can load the heavier weights in the 380.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    yep 380, 9mm, and 357 SIG use the same diameter bullets although not sure if you can load the heavier weights in the 380.

Thanks I know I have some brass in my unused calibers for trading and was looking at some loads calling for a 1.8gr of bullseye starting load for 115 gr fmj or jhp. Says it should make roughly 604fps on the chrono
    http://www.reloadammo.com/380auto.htm

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    You run into coal issues if you try to go over 100 or so grains In .380. I tried reloading some with 95grain FMJ, they were a bear to handle just because they were so damn small. Not impossible, just tedious.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom