• Status
    Not open for further replies.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    This is a first. I just received a wellness check from my dealer. I haven't had a new gun shipped to him in almost two weeks and he and his wife were worried something might have happened to me. Truth is I probably haven't missed a week in at least five yrs but having the well go out unexpectedly did impact my finances and for the last month I've been wrestling sick and dying cats non-stop. Buried one old(25yr+/-)cat and one 3mo old kitten two wks ago and had the other three kittens to the vet and they're stuck in my bathroom being cared for. Plus watching the five 9mo old cats,.....that has left me with little time to haunt GB.

Had to tell him I probably wouldn't have purchased the last two guns I came down to pick up but they were already in the pipeline when things went south. And just before that I picked up a ten pak of AR receivers so what I have been spending has been on parts sets to build those out,......no 4473 involved in that.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    All it takes is a little twist that you don't even notice at the time, but you tore something. The blood going to the knee for repairs causes the swelling and the swelling and pain are meant to tell you to stay off of it. You're in great shape already having an ortho appt tomorrow. Try to stay off your feet as much as possible and move/bend slowly/carefully. Don't twist. Be extra careful turning around. All the remedies,.....heat/ice/pain meds,....that just treats the symptoms and makes it easier for you do press on an do more damage. Try not to do that. The pain and swelling are what's needed. Nobody wants to hear that.

A knee brace is the one thing that would actually 'help'. It supports a little, it prevents twisting a little,....but mostly it reminds you of the problem and you take care of the rest.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    All it takes is a little twist that you don't even notice at the time, but you tore something. The blood going to the knee for repairs causes the swelling and the swelling and pain are meant to tell you to stay off of it. You're in great shape already having an ortho appt tomorrow. Try to stay off your feet as much as possible and move/bend slowly/carefully. Don't twist. Be extra careful turning around. All the remedies,.....heat/ice/pain meds,....that just treats the symptoms and makes it easier for you do press on an do more damage. Try not to do that. The pain and swelling are what's needed. Nobody wants to hear that.

A knee brace is the one thing that would actually 'help'. It supports a little, it prevents twisting a little,....but mostly it reminds you of the problem and you take care of the rest.
    I've been wrapping it with an Ace bandage until I see doc tomorrow. Then I'll ask him what kind of brace to get.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Sunday my kids and I got stuck in the elevator at the Baymont in Portage when the power went out after the semi accident. We were in there for 20min till the fire department came and got us out. They got to see a firetruck but not the way I wanted it. My boy was scared but was calm as I was calm the whole time. The hotel manager called it in and checked on us till they arrived.

Attachments

• 20230521_172719.jpg
      20230521_172719.jpg
      474.9 KB · Views: 15

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Sunday my kids and I got stuck in the elevator at the Baymont in Portage when the power went out after the semi accident. We were in there for 20min till the fire department came and got us out. They got to see a firetruck but not the way I wanted it. My boy was scared but was calm as I was calm the whole time. The hotel manager called it in and checked on us till they arrived.
    kids take their lead from parents.

Too bad too many parents don't realize that.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Ugh, now you tell me after chucking 4 into a bush in the woods...of course they bathed in Spetracide 1st.
    Don’t worry there will be more lol and FYI the dead one‘s will bait it the following year also. I didn’t empty mine they kinda just turned to carpenter bee dust

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom