Not open for further replies.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Over by west beach
    Do you know of any stretches of beach with beds of rock/pebble? I want to test a theory I have about the glaciers bringing material down from Canada and depositing at the southern tip of Lake Michigan. The material I'm looking for is known to occur on a section of the southern shore of Lake Superior and it's more or less a direct line from the origin to that section and extending down to here. But I've got to search the beach after dark with ultraviolet light to find specimen and I'm not sure how night access to the beach works. And if it's all covered by sand it won't matter anyway because I won't find what I'm looking for.

Sorry, I don't have anything more obscure to add to this thread.

"Squirrel!!"

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Do you know of any stretches of beach with beds of rock/pebble? I want to test a theory I have about the glaciers bringing material down from Canada and depositing at the southern tip of Lake Michigan. The material I'm looking for is known to occur on a section of the southern shore of Lake Superior and it's more or less a direct line from the origin to that section and extending down to here. But I've got to search the beach after dark with ultraviolet light to find specimen and I'm not sure how night access to the beach works. And if it's all covered by sand it won't matter anyway because I won't find what I'm looking for.

"Squirrel!!"
    Kemil Beach might be your best option. It is a more of a rocky beach. No gates or lifeguards.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble

"Squirrel!!"
    Syenite? Yooperlites?

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    That's exactly what I would expect. But I see where Kemil Beach parking lot closes at 11PM so maybe I'll be good if not staying out too late. If I go now I'm sure I wouldn't be able to stand being out there too late.

Carrying a backpack, half a dozen lights plus UV lights,....I won't look suspicious at all. Probably need to wear all black. Where's my balaclava?

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Chicken are dirty, smelly creatures.
    While his goats may smell at least they are cleaner than chickens!

Plus jedi is sure the coyotes in the area would love them some klb chickens.:)
    Yes. I used help take care of 1000 or so birds as a kid.. I like my chicken that comes in a bucket or says Tyson on the bag…

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom