• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I do not subscribe to any media propaganda.

My wife and I did however do nearly a year of research and thorough thought processing before our daughter arrived and then more prior to our son.

It is my right as an American to live free and make choices on my own, you can disagree but don't try to sway our decision with your biased propaganda and fear mongering

I as my children's father must protect them from anything I feel is not in their best interest or conducive to their well-being, we educated ourselves and made the choice to let our children's immune system work naturally like the human body worked for thousands of years prior to vaccines.

it is also as you stated "statistically insignificant" unless it is your child, then I am afraid it is the only statistic in the world that matters

i respect your decision. But as I stated in another post, you can make this decision comfortably because of vaccines that have come before your children and the fact that a vast majority of the kids your children interact with are vaccinated.

hoosiertriangle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Avon, IN
    You're argument that the data may not be true is a good one. The data you present is supportive of your statement, but it merely show correlation. Correlation is not causation (but I suspect there is some causation present as well). There are many factors which also occurred in similar time frames which could be contributing to the problems (chlorinated drinking water, lead exhaust emissions and water pipes, atomic bomb experiments, toxic waste emission from industry, increase in insecticide adn herbicide use, etc.)

The point Bigum makes about choosing not to vaccinate being low risk is mainly due to the majority of other parents choosing to vaccinate their children. If everyone chose not to vaccinate their children, then what is now a low risk activity could become high risk.

I understand your major point to be that without good data, a person can't make an informed decision. With this I agree, but I"m not sure about the consequences of lack of good data. The fact that vaccination is nearly universally promoted by physicians lead some credence to the data pointing in the right direction. Also the fact the most people have little anecdotal evidence to refute what their doctors are telling them points in the same direction.

I do agree that forced vaccination is not right and just so we're all clear, parents are generally forced to vaccinate or their children can't attend public schools. And here is where utilitarian based reasoning falls apart, a persons rights cannot be justified using utilitarian reasoning. The sacredness of the individual can never stand against the believed well being of the many. Thus, I always caution myself when using utilitarian based reasoning to support an argument as it is a dangerous two edged sword that cuts both ways.

[FONT=&quot]INDS02 BJARMAN 1074028v3[/FONT]

I personally feel this has no relevant correlation to the anti-gun argument.

The gun argument hinges around personal responsibility vs. disarming everyone for safety. Freedom vs. Safety.

The vaccine debate has nothing to do with the other. I don't suggest banning vaccines, but I would like to see accurate studies done, informed parents, and government out of the picture completely. Mandatory vaccines are a travesty. Government-forcing anything into you is very unconstitutional. Volunteer basis only, with less pressure from doctors, more educated parents, and less government push.

At least you recognize that it is a dangerous road you are walking on. Liberty gets put by the wayside when Government forces things that are for the "public good."

Some of us simply disagree that the risks are low. There are a whole bunch of diseases that vaccines are looking very suspicious for causing, or contributing to causing. Autism, SIDS, Asthma, Chrone's Disease, Alzheimer's Disease, Parkinson's Disease, Menengitis, ADHD, Gulf War Syndrome, Cancers, etc.

There literally are carcinogens and poisons in the vaccines. Just because people aren't dropping dead immediately after the shot (and some do), doesn't mean they are not contributing to many larger problems in society, that never have been recognized by those who wish to keep pushing vaccines. Some of these diseases take many years to manifest, but may have been caused by vaccines to begin with.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    While this argument can go on forever, we must not forget that the human body is the most complex item on the face of the earth. 8 billion people on this planet and you can say that there is 8 billion different variations because not one of us is an exact copy. Because while the plumbing may look the same there is always something different.

With this being said not everything will work, there will be problems that arise from different reactions. But while we must console people who have had medical problem arise from medicines or vaccines and look for a problem correct it in their instance, as a whole it has benefited mankind.

Penicillin (while I'm allergic to it) and it various offshoots along with smallpox, polio and many other vaccines and meds have possibly kept this planet from an almost extinct human population, it would just take to long to develop a natural resistance to them before it greatly helped the human population.

Now with that, I was born in 62, 3 1/2 months premature weighing 3.3 pounds, I was given less than 50% chance to live. My brother was 2.2 pounds, he was given less than 30%. He lived 3 days, I was in a incubator for 6 months and left the hospital a mere 6.5 pounds.

Because of my premature birth I have had bronchial problems my entire life because of weather changes, more problematic when the onset of winter comes on.

I had never had a flu shot until 12 years ago at the urging of a new family doctor, it was the first time in my life that I had not had a severe case of bronchitis in my life. In the last 12 years I have missed on two occasions from getting my flu shot because of recommndations of not getting it if you are not completely feeling healthy. On those 2 occasions, that's right severe bronchitis.

The end result is that drugs can kill you (my reaction to penicillin), they can help you.

Maybe the level of the doses given need to be administered in smaller doses to see if any adverse reactions happen before. I don't know, don;t have the answers.

As a little side note, people who are not considering having their children vaccinated for H1N1 virus, take a real long hard look before you say that you are not going to let your children get it.

As adults we have been in one form or another been subject to a variation of it, that is why people who are 25 to 55 are not at risk as much, but the children have had no such exposure and therefore are at the greatest risk.
    That is why the greatest amount of deaths to it are under the age of 19.

Sorry for rambling on.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I don't really want to jump in the fray here, but I don't subscribe to the tinfoil theory on vaccines. I am sure that there are cases where vaccines can cause harm, and I would be utterly devastated if it were my child. But vaccines have saved millions of lives in this country.

What if an overwhelmingly majority of parents decided not to vaccinate their kids? Think about it. Think about what could happen. It is safe to make a decision to not vaccinate your child (mostly safe) because almost all the other children around him/her are vaccinated. You can comfortably make this decision because other parents have made a different one. :twocents:

You are trying to motivate us by fear. Truth goes so much farther.

The decision to vaccinated (fully, partially or not at all) should only be done after becoming fully informed.

You can only way the risks and benefits once you understand them.

Polio was on the fast track to a flu like virus. In 1950 (2 years prior to the polio vax creation) Polio was on it's way out.

In 1950 The Polio virus killed roughly 100 people and paralyzed approx 500. In 1955 the Polio vaccine killed over 250 people and paralyzed thousands. -Wikipedia has some good pages for those who don't like the google.

What was more dangerous? The risk of getting polio (which only killed or paralyzed 1% of those infected BTW) or the many risks associated with the vac?

It's cool though right? More people died in the 50's from the Polio vaccine than from the virus... is that somehow better?

The ignorance of man to think they can inject all these toxic substances into God's creation and not suffer dire consequences...

Hey kids, you know how they make vaccines right? They grow them! On what? Decaying tissue. Sometimes pig intestines, sometimes monkey tissue and most prevalently today Human Diploid Tissue... Yes, aborted fetus tissue, specifically dead baby lung tissue.

Don't believe me?
    Vaccine ingredients - sorted by ingredient - Medpedia

Sure, injecting thimerosal, aluminium, formaldehyde and dead monkey or fetus tissue into your body is safe... :dunno:

Do your own research. It's easy. Look at the required package insert and read the ingredients. Go to the FDA website and look at the toxic levels of those things (thimerosal and aluminum for example) and decide that when the FDA says that 0.1-4mcg of thimerosal exposure is toxic but the vaccine you are injecting into your 2 month old is 275mcg... decide for yourself. Decide if 2 months later you should dump another 275mcg into them and again at 6 months old...

Decide how a 2 month old gets the same doze of a vaccine as a 250 pound man. Is there any science there?

Medicine has it's place. Also, there is far cry from antibiotics to a vaccine. Apples and oranges.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Something has to give. Right now there is a blanket solution for all people, not unique medical solutions to unique medical cases. If people have allergies for something that is contained in vaccines, they should be tested prior to getting the cookie-cutter vaccine. Lots of bad reactions happen to vaccines simply because of an arrogance that decides that testing for allergies is unnecessary, since only statistically insignificant individuals will get hurt. Oh well.

Does anyone really think that it is natural to give vaccines to a baby fresh out of the womb? Because right now our hospitals push babies into getting a Hepatitis B vaccine immediately after birth. Don't you think that is a little silly? There are absolutely no studies done on babies taking vaccines, only for kids in the 5-7 year range. Absolutely unsafe. Kids who die of SIDS or develop Autism are merely explained to parents as "it must have been genetics," even though the change in the child is painfully obvious right after the vaccination.

Vaccines also are inherently against what was intended because they completely bypass the body's natural means of defense. Germs normally enter through the nose/mouth, where they are then met with nose hairs, mucus, saliva, tonsils, stomach acid, etc. When we inject virus cocktails mixed with harmful metallic toxins - straight into our muscles/bloodstream - we are asking for trouble. These heavy-metal poisons stay in your body when they land in fatty tissue or one of your organs. Years later they may cause you cancer or a neurological disorder.

The other way vaccines go against nature is that they force your body to deal with many viruses all at the same time. The body is not designed for so many threats to be introduced at once. Furthermore, most vaccine cocktails have have never approved as a mixture, only as individual vaccines. And disturbingly, are often mixed together with stabilizing agent like
    Thimerosal, which is known to be toxic an contains Mercury.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I believe this decision to accept and get the vaccines has boiled down to the question, Do We trust the Government to have Our best interest at heart?

I for one question their purpose of this big push and their warnings of punishment (in some States). Call it me getting older or me getting more experienced.

Someone mention Genetics earlier: My Great Aunt became a Quadripegic shortly after her swine flu shot in the late 70s. Some of her blood runs in my veins.

While I can still walk, I am partially numb from the waist down and my feet are mostly numb; I have to watch where I step when going down the stairs or stepping off a curb. I have fallen more than once. Do I think this could be related to 60 years of vaccines? Yes, because I have studied about what metals do what to what body systems. Forwarned is Forarmed.

Last edited:

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    I would also point out that NO ONE knows what the cumulative effect of the multiple, multiple, vaccines given over the lifetime of a person will be.

Personally, I think that 20-years of my mothers poor health before her death from cancer at 60 was directly connected to the reaction she had to vaccines and mercury fillings. She was tested for heavy metal poisoning and her mercury levels were huge. But, that is simply my theory, and anyone can say what they want about that.

My real point is that ONE vaccine may not be an issue for anyone. Combining 20,30, or 40+ into a single human body....well, I don't think any of us need to be doctors to suggest a potential problem there. There is no way to know short of just doing it and waiting for 60-years - and I'm not interested in being part of that experiment. So here I sit, shot free for 22-years, healthy as a horse. And if I die tomorrow, I lived well.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Polio was on the fast track to a flu like virus. In 1950 (2 years prior to the polio vax creation) Polio was on it's way out.

In 1950 The Polio virus killed roughly 100 people and paralyzed approx 500. In 1955 the Polio vaccine killed over 250 people and paralyzed thousands. -Wikipedia has some good pages for those who don't like the google.

From Polio vaccine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
    In 1952 and 1953, the U.S. experienced an outbreak of 58,000 and 35,000 polio cases, respectively, up from a typical number of some 20,000 a year.

The development of two polio vaccines led to the first modern mass inoculations. The last cases of paralytic poliomyelitis caused by endemic transmission of wild virus in the United States occurred in 1979, with an outbreak among the Amish in several Midwest states.

Sounds like a success to us ignorant folk...

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    Do you know that vaccines have never been tested for their effectiveness down through the years AFTER they have been issued? THAT is a reason to refuse them in itself....

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

Gardasil is the name of the vaccine, I have it highlighted and bolded. My sister took it and had a seizure immediately. No lie. Simply google "gardasil deaths" and read many stories from grieving parents who have lost a child to this vaccine design to prevent a petty STD.

I don't know if we'll give our daughter this shot but it's not just to prevent a petty STD. Cervical cancer is alive and well, unfortunately.

What is GARDASIL? GARDASIL is the only cervical cancer vaccine that helps protect against 4 types of human papillomavirus (HPV): 2 types that cause 70% of cervical cancer cases, and 2 more types that cause 90% of genital warts cases. The duration of protection of GARDASIL has not been established.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Do you know that vaccines have never been tested for their effectiveness down through the years AFTER they have been issued? THAT is a reason to refuse them in itself....

Would the fact that there have been no cases of a disease in 30 years be pretty good evidence that it was effective?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    My kids got their normal vaccines growing up, but they will not now, nor ever get a flu-shot of any kind. Ever. It's not media sensationalism, but the fact that those "vaccines" weaken your immune system. Any time you introduce a medicine into your system it takes over the job that your white blood cells would normally do. This makes your body dependent on that medicine to fight that virus or bacteria in the future. I've never in my life had a flu shot. I never get the flu. I had it one time when I was younger, took a little flu med and got over it. I only take medicines if I'm REALLY sick and my immune system isn't winning the fight. I only go to the doctor if I'm dying.

I refuse to take medicine and go to the doctor because I refuse to make people rich who refuse to cure disease. Think it's propoganda? Why would you cure something if you can make Trillions "treating" it?

Did you know that the book "Natural Cures They Don't Want You To Know About" actually works? Did you know there are cures for diseases in that book if you catch the disease at an early stage? You want to know how I know it works? Friend HAD diabetes. I use the remedies in the book for getting over the cold faster than using meds. I have used many of the remedies for cuts, infections, tooth aches and infections. I'm currently seeking another copy so I can have it on hand instead of using my friend's copy.

Yes, there are natural cures out there. But the FDA won't allow them. Why? Because nothing but a manufactured DRUG approved only by the FDA can treat or cure a disease. It takes $1mil or more for testing, and another million or two for a license to market and sell said drug. The FDA has made it impossible for a regular person with a simple plant to market the disease it cures.

But yet drugs, ok'ed by the FDA more often than not will give you more problems than you originally had and require even more drugs to treat.

See the vicous cycle starting to form?

I will never give my kids the flushot, gardisil or any other vaccine they haven't already had. I did my homework. And while some came from the FDA, most of my research came from real life stories and medical studies NOT conducted by drug companies or the FDA. A lot of which comes from other Countries.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I don't know if we'll give our daughter this shot but it's not just to prevent a petty STD. Cervical cancer is alive and well, unfortunately.

What is GARDASIL? GARDASIL is the only cervical cancer vaccine that helps protect against 4 types of human papillomavirus (HPV): 2 types that cause 70% of cervical cancer cases, and 2 more types that cause 90% of genital warts cases. The duration of protection of GARDASIL has not been established.

HPV is quite harmless by itself. In the off-chance that you should catch it, it is by no means guaranteed that you will get Cervical Cancer. Keep in mind the types of cancers you are subjecting yourself to by injecting vaccines with carcinogens into your body as well.

And Cervical Cancer is survivable as well, with the treatments of modern medicine. America has some of the best survival rates for cancer, as long as we don't inject the Medical System with a dose of the "Change" vaccine. My own mother survived Cervical Cancer, and had my brother and sister after the surgery.

In my humble opinion, the risks are not worth the benefits. But don't listen to me, do your own research, and make your own decisions. These parents with crippled and vegetative children wish they had done some research. Nobody is helping them now, and people are telling them they are merely a statistical insignificance and should please shut up before they scare the rest of the customers... er... patients.

You are smart to think about it and do some research. Here's a start:

- Gardasil does not protect against all HPV strains.

- Over 100 strains of the HPV virus have been described, approx. 30 of which can affect the human reproductive tract. Gardasil protects against FOUR strains of HPV.

- Booster shots will be needed, the original vaccine will be effective for about five years.

- Gardasil will never eliminate the need for regular testing and Pap screening.

- HPV, though potentially devastating, is quite often completely harmless.

- Most HPV infections, even ones caused by high-risk strains, go away on their own and never develop into cancer.

- Even without Gardasil, cervical cancer deaths have decreased drastically in the past several decades.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    Sadly the article that advises we do our due dilligence in research provides no useful information. It does not even mention what specific vaccine was given that the family thinks is the culprit. All that we get is fear, but no info, followed by a command to go forth and get info.

Sadly, useless.

Gardisil is the vaccine that was given to the NWI girl, it clearly states that in the article

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    You're argument that the data may not be true is a good one. The data you present is supportive of your statement, but it merely show correlation. Correlation is not causation (but I suspect there is some causation present as well). There are many factors which also occurred in similar time frames which could be contributing to the problems (chlorinated drinking water, lead exhaust emissions and water pipes, atomic bomb experiments, toxic waste emission from industry, increase in insecticide adn herbicide use, etc.)

The point Bigum makes about choosing not to vaccinate being low risk is mainly due to the majority of other parents choosing to vaccinate their children. If everyone chose not to vaccinate their children, then what is now a low risk activity could become high risk.

I understand your major point to be that without good data, a person can't make an informed decision. With this I agree, but I"m not sure about the consequences of lack of good data. The fact that vaccination is nearly universally promoted by physicians lead some credence to the data pointing in the right direction. Also the fact the most people have little anecdotal evidence to refute what their doctors are telling them points in the same direction.

I do agree that forced vaccination is not right and just so we're all clear, parents are generally forced to vaccinate or their children can't attend public schools. And here is where utilitarian based reasoning falls apart, a persons rights cannot be justified using utilitarian reasoning. The sacredness of the individual can never stand against the believed well being of the many. Thus, I always caution myself when using utilitarian based reasoning to support an argument as it is a dangerous two edged sword that cuts both ways.

[FONT=&quot]INDS02 BJARMAN 1074028v3[/FONT]

The red statement is not true, unvacc'ed kids can and do go to public school everyday

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    A lot of you here are also the ones that say a seatbelt wouldn't save a life. Your extreme on every issue that comes up. No offense but half of you given the chance couldn't pronounce your name in public, yet you yield a keyboard like Rambo.
    Just added three of you to ignore list.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Rambone, I can use super large type to yell my story to everyone, but I think I will stick to standard type.

Everyone has a right to accept the risks by either taking or not taking a vaccine. Unfortunately to deny the millions who are helped because one or two, or even 100 is wrong. Until scientists who develope these vaccines are perfect, some people will have adverse reactions. Unfortunately at that time, a perfect scientist will be called God, which they are not.

Until doctors are 100% correct, there will be patients who do not recover after treatments. At the time the doctor can be perfect, we shall call him God, but since doctors are not God, they can never be perfect, and while they might save thousands, they will lose some.

Man can never make a perfect medicine, or do a perfect procedure. Man is not God, and as much as doctors and scientist try to perfect that perfect treatment or drug, one person having a reaction, or hundreds when millions are saved is the price we pay for not being God.

Granted it is worse if you are that one in a million, but...

Oh, I speak from experience. I lost my wife to a disease that we were told she should never get. Yet my daughter is alive through a miracle of a drug that was never tested, thought of by a doctor that wrote the book but was baffled by her symptoms. Today there are thousands of children alive because of that experimental drug and a doctor willing to use his expert opinion on something untried, and untested. My daughter was the first, my wife unfortunately will forever be one of many that the drugs didn't work.

And today my daughter is on her way to a doctorate in Neuroscience.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    A lot of you here are also the ones that say a seatbelt wouldn't save a life. Your extreme on every issue that comes up. No offense but half of you given the chance couldn't pronounce your name in public, yet you yield a keyboard like Rambo.
    Just added three of you to ignore list.

I will respect your opinion, but I do have to say that's a bit obsurd. Ignore who you wish, but to say we couldn't pronounce our names in public? :scratch:

I would gladly speak the things I say on here in public. As a matter of fact, some of the things I DO say in public I can't say here... :dunno:

Top Bottom