• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why are Republicans listening to this wackadoodle?

“Here’s your job, Republican Party,” Nugent said. “20-25 of those guys kill themselves every day, and they haven’t told you why, and they haven’t told anybody else why, but they told me why: because the Commander-in-Chief is the enemy.”
    Ted Nugent Thinks Obama Is Causing Veterans to Commit Suicide | Mediaite

I mean c'mon on, that's pretty low, and takes away from the very serious issues many soldiers have in readjusting to life outside of the military.

I guess he needed something to do, since he can't cruise high school parking lots for girlfriends, due to it being Spring Break.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008

Readjusting

in the Army I had rank, history, you could see my accomplishments on my chest. I had 16 tactical nukes on my signature card.

Its hard to describe the transition to civilian to someone who hasn't done it without sounding patronizing. Not trying to come across as a d#% k.

Gotta love Uncle Ted

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I've actually spoken by phone with Ted Nugent about some music projects. The guy comes on strong, but stood by his word with me, anyway. I'd take a guy like Nugent any day of the week over the America hating "progressives" he so passionately abhors.

Sometimes he pushes the limits with his words, but usually, and maybe in this case (I don't know, didn't read the link, as it's probably some lefty babble), he's right on the money, and usually, the more enraged the lefties get by his words, the more correct he truly is.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The time in a hot zone averaged across the number of soldiers in WWII was about 10 days. Many estimates of Vietnam hot zone experiences were as high as 170 days. Take a look at the current vets. It is not uncommon for soldiers to have been stressed for 15 months at a time in a hot zone, and then be called back for another tour. Then they come home to a country with nothing for them.

A soldier who came home to find his woman no in the arms of someone else has always been a bad deal, since the times of Roman domination. Very few of our current two and three tour soldiers are able to reclaim their homelife. The open hostility, expressed economically, the failures in the VA, and the lack of respect for servicemen by the current administration makes me spitting mad. I've never even been to the sandbox. I worked with the Chaplains office at the Lancastor VA facility, and those boys are fried, not just the physical damage, but they are destroyed down to their very souls. Human bodies and hearts can endure amazing levels of stress for short periods of time, but are designed for a work, rest, work, rest cycle, that is not what is happening. Healing after this abuse takes a lot more than staff M.D's prescribing pain killer and anti depressants.

The current conditions both during and after enlistment are cruel. Shame on this administration and all the government leaders, agents, departments and systems that have heartlessly chewed up and dumped the current generation of veterans.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    The time in a hot zone averaged across the number of soldiers in WWII was about 10 days. Many estimates of Vietnam hot zone experiences were as high as 170 days. Take a look at the current vets. It is not uncommon for soldiers to have been stressed for 15 months at a time in a hot zone, and then be called back for another tour. Then they come home to a country with nothing for them.

A soldier who came home to find his woman no in the arms of someone else has always been a bad deal, since the times of Roman domination. Very few of our current two and three tour soldiers are able to reclaim their homelife. The open hostility, expressed economically, the failures in the VA, and the lack of respect for servicemen by the current administration makes me spitting mad. I've never even been to the sandbox. I worked with the Chaplains office at the Lancastor VA facility, and those boys are fried, not just the physical damage, but they are destroyed down to their very souls. Human bodies and hearts can endure amazing levels of stress for short periods of time, but are designed for a work, rest, work, rest cycle, that is not what is happening. Healing after this abuse takes a lot more than staff M.D's prescribing pain killer and anti depressants.

The current conditions both during and after enlistment are cruel. Shame on this administration and all the government leaders, agents, departments and systems that have heartlessly chewed up and dumped the current generation of veterans.

you da man
    :rockwoot:

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Aren't enlistments still 3 years for Army? With the state of military affairs since we invaded Iraq, I admire those who stay in when their time is up. That said, those fine soldiers who stay are at least going in with their eyes open. I can argue a case for the draft where the majority of American men make their contribution and leave when their time is up. I recall reading that in WWII in he Wehrmacht, you were in until severely wounded or KIA.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Nope.. You might have seen some bad or negative behavior, but as a person such as yourself that has never served or seen combat you have no conception of what is going on in some Veterans minds.

You said it yourself... You dealt with it..... B&W
    That's much different than living it..... Color

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Between what's being cited as 'loony rhetoric' coming from Uncle Ted and the loony, America hating, pro-terrorist Liar-In-Chief, I'll take Uncle Ted every time.

However 'low' one may perceive Nugent's words referenced in that article, it's still not as low as the manner in which the Liar-In-Chief treats the U.S. military.

Sadly there's a very good probability Uncle Ted is right. Referring to this President as the enemy of the American military has proven to be accurate.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Nope.. You might have seen some bad or negative behavior, but as a person such as yourself that has never served or seen combat you have no conception of what is going on in some Veterans minds.

You said it yourself... You dealt with it..... B&W
    That's much different than living it..... Color

Wrong... I can't relate with the experiences that caused the issue, but to say on haven't lived, or endured the after effects, is flat out wrong.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Between what's being cited as 'loony rhetoric' coming from Uncle Ted and the loony, America hating, pro-terrorist Liar-In-Chief, I'll take Uncle Ted every time.

However 'low' one may perceive Nugent's words referenced in that article, it's still not as low as the manner in which the Liar-In-Chief treats the U.S. military.

Sadly there's a very good probability Uncle Ted is right. Referring to this President as the enemy of the American military has proven to be accurate.

So you don't hink the idea that President is causing soldiers to kill themselves is loony? And I'm curious what actions the president has taken that, specific to the military, makes him an enemy to soldiers?

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Wrong... I can't relate with the experiences that caused the issue, but to say on haven't lived, or endured the after effects, is flat out wrong.

Dude did you miss the Federal RIF program when you were a kid ?,
    You very well could have ' endured ' the issues with some returning vets.
    That's b&w... I can't say it any clearer... To think you understand what your Veteran went through is laughable..
    You missed out on the sights they saw, the sounds they heard and the most memorable of all the smells they smelled.. And you think you can understand and feel what happened to them..
    You have no Fing clue..

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    He's an enemy to the nation, and the members of our military are included in that. I remember applying that word to him back in 2008 when he was put forward as a candidate. I predicted many of the things he's done, and am disappointed not only that I haven't been wrong about any of those things, but that he's overseen more corruption and destruction than even I could have imagined. Ted gets pretty exercised about things, and that's entertaining itself, but I don't see him being wrong about much.

Specifically regarding the military? I find it difficult to accept that the problems at the VA have been unknown at the top, and they were allowed to continue until outed publicly. There has been a systematic purge of the officer class in favor of adherents to PC philosophy. Soldiers are left little option to reenlistment, with results predictable as discussed above. Subtle ways of demoralizing the soldiers, such as throwing a tantrum at .gov shutdown and trying to keep people from for example the WWII memorial, trying to silence chaplains, that sort of thing.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    So you don't hink the idea that President is causing soldiers to kill themselves is loony? And I'm curious what actions the president has taken that, specific to the military, makes him an enemy to soldiers?
    You mean, besides the consistent open disdain he's displayed toward the military and military veterans, his shutting down the WWII Memorial while the veterans were in attendance (one of the few parts of the government actually shut down, the others ALL and ONLY being those open to visitors), his constant embracing of terrorist groups and nations, his bowing before leaders of Arab countries, and so forth?

Apparently, some folks have just slept through the last 6 years.

Perhaps the following proverb is appropo: There are none are so blind as those who will not see.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom