• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    Well it was a short snip-it and didn't show what he said after words. He could of said something looney, changed the subject or say something very insightful like this.

The time in a hot zone averaged across the number of soldiers in WWII was about 10 days. Many estimates of Vietnam hot zone experiences were as high as 170 days. Take a look at the current vets. It is not uncommon for soldiers to have been stressed for 15 months at a time in a hot zone, and then be called back for another tour. Then they come home to a country with nothing for them.

A soldier who came home to find his woman no in the arms of someone else has always been a bad deal, since the times of Roman domination. Very few of our current two and three tour soldiers are able to reclaim their homelife. The open hostility, expressed economically, the failures in the VA, and the lack of respect for servicemen by the current administration makes me spitting mad. I've never even been to the sandbox. I worked with the Chaplains office at the Lancastor VA facility, and those boys are fried, not just the physical damage, but they are destroyed down to their very souls. Human bodies and hearts can endure amazing levels of stress for short periods of time, but are designed for a work, rest, work, rest cycle, that is not what is happening. Healing after this abuse takes a lot more than staff M.D's prescribing pain killer and anti depressants.

The current conditions both during and after enlistment are cruel. Shame on this administration and all the government leaders, agents, departments and systems that have heartlessly chewed up and dumped the current generation of veterans.

He definitely could not of said it any better than Leo did.:yesway:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    A picture is worth a thousand words.

article-2325893-19D29FCE000005DC-916_634x422.jpg

More irony: the guy on the left is Turkish Prime Minister Erdogan, who is busily turning Turkey from a western-friendly pluralistic state to yet another Islamist subsidiary.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    The thing with Ted, as all should know by now, and yet some don't, is that he is very flamboyant with his words and not always literal. He told the story how he crapped his pants to get out of the draft, but thats just a story he told, never happened, never dodged the draft….its all there in the records. But Ted is flamboyant, and I'll take Ted over freakin Barry any day of the week. I truly believe Ted loves America, I truly believe Barry is a parasite. I don't mean that literally, just being flamboyant.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Oh, and while you're busy tossing around accusations of Ted being a pederast, I'll point out the names of the only sites peddling said accusation: Huffington Post, Crooks and Liars, Daily KOS, Democratic Underground, and some nearly unknown blogs, also extremist left-wing
    Consider the sources.

As far as Obama and the problems with the military, one thing that is indisputable is that the VA under his administration has sunk to historic lows in their mistreatment and lack of treatment for veterans.
    The VA's problems aren't exactly new, but the level of malfeasance is particularly egregious, and I will point out that it happened under the same man who ran in 2008 against GWB for how bad the VA was.

Obama honors veterans, promises benefits - CBS News

'He said his administration is working to clear the backlog of disability benefits and treatments. "No veteran should have to wait months or years for the benefits that you've earned, so we will continue to attack the claims backlog. We won't let up. We will not let up," he said.'

And I didn't have to find out about that only on far left whacko sites.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Ted's woman between marriages......freely admits he would be in jail if he done today what he done then. My god, he was a 30 year old father of who knows how many, screwing around with 16 year old kids.......even getting her parents to name him as her guardian. This is after impregnating other women and having the kids adopted for someone else to raise for the next 40 years. And he was doing this all as he was trying to dodge the draft.....

I like Ted's shredding of the guitar......but honestly, I think he is a big blowhard. I don't believe him for a minute about how clean he has lived. He has told so many lies....who knows what to think is the truth. He would make a great politician. Preaching constitution out one side of his mouth. He should have joined the draft and showed us how bad he was instead of talking abut how bad he is. Maybe he should lay down the mic, walk away from the spotlight......and do a little soul searching and parenting. Wonder if Ted paid back the people who raised his children? Wonder if Ted ever apologized to the kids parents who died in his place?

Last edited:

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    The time in a hot zone averaged across the number of soldiers in WWII was about 10 days. Many estimates of Vietnam hot zone experiences were as high as 170 days. Take a look at the current vets. It is not uncommon for soldiers to have been stressed for 15 months at a time in a hot zone, and then be called back for another tour. Then they come home to a country with nothing for them.*

A soldier who came home to find his woman no in the arms of someone else has always been a bad deal, since the times of Roman domination. Very few of our current two and three tour soldiers are able to reclaim their homelife. The open hostility, expressed economically, the failures in the VA, and the lack of respect for servicemen by the current administration makes me spitting mad. I've never even been to the sandbox. I worked with the Chaplains office at the Lancastor VA facility, and those boys are fried, not just the physical damage, but they are destroyed down to their very souls. Human bodies and hearts can endure amazing levels of stress for short periods of time, but are designed for a work, rest, work, rest cycle, that is not what is happening. Healing after this abuse takes a lot more than staff M.D's prescribing pain killer and anti depressants.

The current conditions both during and after enlistment are cruel. Shame on this administration and all the government leaders, agents, departments and systems that have heartlessly chewed up and dumped the current generation of veterans.

Reply***

VERY well said. It constantly amazes me how old men can send young men off to fight, and find BILLIONS to do so, but have no money to help heal them when they come home.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Why do you listen to musical celebrities about politics at all? Excelling in one arena of life grants no special incite into other arenas.

That said, this president and every president before him that I am aware of is an enemy of veterans if you want to go by the way the systems they leave in place such as the VA fail vets in huge numbers. Some may be more charismatic about it with their flag pins and salutes, but that doesn't give vets the resources they should have and the VA the tear down and start over it desperately needs. A smaller and smaller military doing more and more...and apparently now the PENSION SYSTEM is the problem? Come the eff on. If that's being friends of vets, I'd hate to see what being an enemy would look like.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Ted's woman between marriages......freely admits he would be in jail if he done today what he done then. My god, he was a 30 year old father of who knows how many, screwing around with 16 year old kids.......even getting her parents to name him as her guardian. This is after impregnating other women and having the kids adopted for someone else to raise for the next 40 years. And he was doing this all as he was trying to dodge the draft.....

I like Ted's shredding of the guitar......but honestly, I think he is a big blowhard. I don't believe him for a minute about how clean he has lived. He has told so many lies....who knows what to think is the truth. He would make a great politician. Preaching constitution out one side of his mouth. He should have joined the draft and showed us how bad he was instead of talking abut how bad he is. Maybe he should lay down the mic, walk away from the spotlight......and do a little soul searching and parenting. Wonder if Ted paid back the people who raised his children? Wonder if Ted ever apologized to the kids parents who died in his place?

Its a good thing he doesn't hold any political office that can change military policy with a signature.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Dude did you miss the Federal RIF program when you were a kid ?,
    You very well could have ' endured ' the issues with some returning vets.
    That's b&w... I can't say it any clearer... To think you understand what your Veteran went through is laughable..
    You missed out on the sights they saw, the sounds they heard and the most memorable of all the smells they smelled.. And you think you can understand and feel what happened to them..
    You have no Fing clue..

I'm sorry I missed seeing your professional qualifications in making such claim specific to myself, and family's situation. Sorry bro, it you that haven't a clue, and it's amazing the hubris you have, without knowing any specifics involving a particular situation, in assuming how I can relate to a specific person, completely unknown to you, and well known to me.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You mean, besides the consistent open disdain he's displayed toward the military and military veterans, his shutting down the WWII Memorial while the veterans were in attendance (one of the few parts of the government actually shut down, the others ALL and ONLY being those open to visitors), his constant embracing of terrorist groups and nations, his bowing before leaders of Arab countries, and so forth?

Apparently, some folks have just slept through the last 6 years.

Perhaps the following proverb is appropo: There are none are so blind as those who will not see.

And you think shutting down a military memorial is causing veterans to kill themselves?

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I'm sorry I missed seeing your professional qualifications in making such claim specific to myself, and family's situation. Sorry bro, it you that haven't a clue, and it's amazing the hubris you have, without knowing any specifics involving a particular situation, in assuming how I can relate to a specific person, completely unknown to you, and well known to me.

First of all, I'm not your ' bro ' .. I am a middle aged white man. I worked in the big city a long time and have seen lots of guys like you. Let me guess about you real quick, male . mid thirtys..black.. Spiffy car..semi professional job.. A little college.. Rents a apt or lives in you mothers spare room..desent date because all spare time is spent online in different forums..gets banned frequently for being a *******y0... You tend to make lots of peoples ignore list.. sound familiar ????
    It doesn't take much to see through you, Helen Keller could.
    You are a very atemerarious man.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    First of all, I'm not your ' bro ' .. I am a middle aged white man. I worked in the big city a long time and have seen lots of guys like you. Let me guess about you real quick, male . mid thirtys..black.. Spiffy car..semi professional job.. A little college.. Rents a apt or lives in you mothers spare room..desent date because all spare time is spent online in different forums..gets banned frequently for being a *******y0... You tend to make lots of peoples ignore list.. sound familiar ????
    It doesn't take much to see through you, Helen Keller could.
    You are a very atemerarious man.

Me...
    -not from the big city
    -doesn't drive a car, truck specifically, neither an Escalade nor Navigator nor European model
    -more than a "little college"
    -don't rent, and haven't lived with mommy and daddy since I was in high school
    -never been banned from a forum (knocks on squirrel's head)
    -Black man, with a degree, job, car, lives alone, no kids, no criminal record? And you think I have a problem getting dates? Lol
    -and I'm not on your ignore list am I?

You've seen lots of guys like me? And what exactly, pal (since you don't like bro) does this have to do with you not knowing anything about my relationship with a specific family member that is a veteran?

Thin skin, you haz it.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I'll post it again, since it was either ignored or missed.

Obama honors veterans, promises benefits - CBS News

'He said his administration is working to clear the backlog of disability benefits and treatments. "No veteran should have to wait months or years for the benefits that you've earned, so we will continue to attack the claims backlog. We won't let up. We will not let up," he said.'

Did I mention the date of the above link from which this quote is excerpted?
    November 12, 2012
    Bazzzing!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The Republican Party is a "Big Tent" Party.....We try to let others in although they may do things we disagree with at certain times in their life....These guys seem a little less inclusive....

[video=youtube;Pksug2a3H54]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pksug2a3H54[/video]

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Me...
    -not from the big city
    -doesn't drive a car, truck specifically, neither an Escalade nor Navigator nor European model
    -more than a "little college"
    -don't rent, and haven't lived with mommy and daddy since I was in high school
    -never been banned from a forum (knocks on squirrel's head)
    -Black man, with a degree, job, car, lives alone, no kids, no criminal record? And you think I have a problem getting dates? Lol
    -and I'm not on your ignore list am I?

You've seen lots of guys like me? And what exactly, pal (since you don't like bro) does this have to do with you not knowing anything about my relationship with a specific family member that is a veteran?

Thin skin, you haz it.

Pal ??? really....Now Bonky, you're confusing your online life with reality..
    And as far as you making my ignore list, a few more of your ignorant posts and you will be on it. :)

Vaya con Dios

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pal ??? really....Now Bonky, you're confusing your online life with reality..
    And as far as you making my ignore list, a few more of your ignorant posts and you will be on it. :)

Vaya con Dios

You aren't up on INGOs TOU are you? This is the 2nd time you've resorted to name calling. You don't play the role of middle-aged man very well.
    As for ignoring me, you probably should go ahead and do that now, because doubt anyone is under the illusion that I will change the way I post due to fear of you putting me on your ignore list, lol.

Top Bottom