• ...and so much more!
  • pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    so i have been reading about a nuclear power plant in michicgan that had to shut down months ago because of a leak. so i just ordered my gas mask so i'll keep you up to dateon that

Who would have thought that firing a neutron into an atom at incredible speeds and inducing an uncontrollable chain reaction that generates unfathomable amounts of heat and energy, then using that energy to boil water into steam, then use that steam to turn massive generators, then re-condensing that steam and sending it back to be boiled again would be so tricky. :D

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    IF your gas mask did keep you alive miraculously, everything will be irradiated. So you and everyone else you know will be alive long enough to watch your skin practically fall off from being burnt by the radiation, or at least you'll be so irradiated that the rest of your life you'll need countless surgeries and will always be needing exams to monitor when, NOT if, your cancer starts to get bad. Just hope you're close enough or SOOOOOO far away you don't have to worry about it one way or another.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I hate to inform you of this (not really I like to crush peoples ill formed ideas), but anything from a Leak Event that the Gas mask would be useful. So would a Painters Dust Mask, you know the box of a 100 you can get at your local hardware store. Depending on the mask you have purchased you might have to remove it to change the filters. Most of the filters in dust environs can become unusable within a matter of 1-2 hours.

I won't even talk about the futility of keeping the tabs on hand...

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    If you're within 150 miles of the plant or you are down wind of it, you may want to get some potassium iodate pills.

Potassium iodide is the preferred salt. Iodate works, but takes longer to be effective. Also, within two days most fallout will have made it out of the atmosphere. Sooner if it rains. If you can survive the first 72 hours, assuming you're outside of the blast radius, then odds are good you'll survive.

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Hate to inform you...but it's not even a nuclear power plant. It's a coal power plant with a rather large cooling tower.

You = fail

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    wow, what a way to start my INGO day. Random thread in the wrong forum where the under 50* crowd goes haywire. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

PSA here folks, over on the right of your screen is a scroll bar, if you move it, more forums will be visible...including one devoted to prepping.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I would imagine the best way to prep for a nuclear (plant) disaster is to keep gas in the car.

I have a delorean.. WITH the Mr. Fusion attachment.. I'm just waiting with garbage cans to collect the fallout for the Flux Capacitor to operate.. Plutonium is just so stinking expensive with the wars going on and what-not.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I have a delorean.. WITH the Mr. Fusion attachment.. I'm just waiting with garbage cans to collect the fallout for the Flux Capacitor to operate.. Plutonium is just so stinking expensive with the wars going on and what-not.

Funny, I got all my Plutonium by trading for it in the Classifieds. I gave some terrorists a box full if pinball machine parts. They picked it up on the way to the 1500 to get a truck full of automatic weapons.

I hope they don't come back angry with those automatic weapons.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    im sorry to dissapoint you buddy but im set. im not looking to get anything from the classifieds. i have my guns and ammo all set

Don't forget your MOPP gear, sold at the ninja store in the mall.

TacticalHaHa.jpg

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    so i have been reading about a nuclear power plant in michicgan that had to shut down months ago because of a leak. so i just ordered my gas mask so i'll keep you up to dateon that

Welcome to the good 'ole boys club where you are the only one that isn't allowed to make stupid posts.

:cool:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom