• ...and so much more!
  • cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    Do you wear your NRA hat in public?

I know this sounds like a silly question, but my concern isn't so much what people think about my beliefs, but would it draw too much unnecessary attention to you while carrying a firearm.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I see NRA hats often. I wear one myself. LOt's of NRA members don't carry, i wouldn't associate the hat with if someone was carrying or not.

Markedup

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Funny you should post this today.
    I am in my seventh decade and just
    joined the NRA this year.
    Received my free hat yesterday.
    Darn thing was made in China.
    The American Flag on the hat is
    backward. I likely won't wear it.

Thanks

Mark

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I wear a "Boonie" style hat (not NRA but, my mother gave me this hat, so...).

I wear NRA t-shirts and sweatshirts on a regular basis, as well as my Benefactor Life hat pin. ;)

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I've seen many people wearing NRA hats while I was working at Home Depot. Seen a couple people wearing team Glock hats. And seen quite a few people OCing. As a carrier myself whenever I see someone with gun related apparel I always look to see if I can spot the firearm.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    I've seen many people wearing NRA hats while I was working at Home Depot. Seen a couple people wearing team Glock hats. And seen quite a few people OCing. As a carrier myself whenever I see someone with gun related apparel I always look to see if I can spot the firearm.

Yeah, I guess that's why I posted the question. When I wear it, are people checking for a gun? If they are, then I might as well open carry.

CitizenX

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Tippecanoe

Dam* heat gazers :D

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Do you wear your NRA hat in public?

I know this sounds like a silly question, but my concern isn't so much what people think about my beliefs, but would it draw too much unnecessary attention to you while carrying a firearm.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Honestly, if you don't care what people think about your beliefs, why care about what kind of attention you receive? If they are looking for a gun, then that is their problem. As long as you aren't doing anything wrong, I don't think people are really going to care. :twocents:

Funny you should post this today.
    I am in my seventh decade and just
    joined the NRA this year.
    Received my free hat yesterday.
    Darn thing was made in China.
    The American Flag on the hat is
    backward. I likely won't wear it.

Thanks

Mark

Backwards like on the shoulder of a uniformed soldier? :laugh: There's a meaning behind that... it's not backwards. I'll leave it to you to figure out. ;)

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I only ever got free knives when I was a member. I'd sign up for 3 years at a time because I was feeling out different groups. The 3rd time I signed up, I got a letter saying something about my free gift, never received. It was suppose to be a hat. Wouldn't have wore it because I only wear fitted or comfort fit (not adjustable but not quite fitted) hats. Those adjustable hats look goofy to me and make me feel like I'm back in T-ball.

Top Bottom