NRA donates $50 shy of MAXIMUM contribution amount to Reid.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Just when you thought it was safe to rejoin the nra...

Yep... all the hype last week was about how the nra finally grew a spine and refused to endorse Reid...

Well aside from NOT endorsing a rabidly PRO gun Sharron Angle (R) Reids challenger, the nra has donated $50 shy of the MAXIMUM amount they can give to a candidate.

Yep, YOUR hard earned dues money you've sent to the nra is going to Harry Reid.

YOUR money is being sent to the man who hates guns and has presided over the conformation of kagan, over massive bailouts, over the obamacare travesty...

I hope you're pleased with how the nra is spending your money:
    The Associated Press: NRA declines to endorse Reid in Nevada Senate race

*I was torn over placing this in the political discussion forum or here in the 2a forum. 2a won out since the nra is (supposedly) a second amendment organization.

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton

A search doesn't show that they've donated to him, I'd just as soon trust this than the word of one of his own staffers in an article from the AP:

Harry Reid: Campaign Finance/Money - Top Donors - Senator 2010 | OpenSecrets

Donor Lookup: Find Individual and Soft Money Contributors | OpenSecrets

Although even if they did:

Harry Reid on Gun Control

If you'd exclude the businesses that have donated to him from your lifestyle, would likely be a serious system shock.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Just when you thought it was safe to rejoin the nra...

Yep... all the hype last week was about how the nra finally grew a spine and refused to endorse Reid...

Well aside from NOT endorsing a rabidly PRO gun Sharron Angle (R) Reids challenger, the nra has donated $50 shy of the MAXIMUM amount they can give to a candidate.

Yep, YOUR hard earned dues money you've sent to the nra is going to Harry Reid.

YOUR money is being sent to the man who hates guns and has presided over the conformation of kagan, over massive bailouts, over the obamacare travesty...

*I was torn over placing this in the political discussion forum or here in the 2a forum. 2a won out since the nra is (supposedly) a second amendment organization.

Your link says they are not giving money to him???????????

On a side note.......I will never ever join the NRA.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Why do you think the NRA does this?

Politics is not the same as ideology. Politics is about winning. I disagree with much the NRA does. The fear it strikes into politicians (in certain districts, of course) has done much to prevent worse gun laws than we have. I, too, despise some of their compromises. Overall, though, there's no more effective protector of gun rights.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Do we have independent verification of this $4,950.00 contribution from the NRA? NRA-PVF?

I've seen this number from "gun rights" groups. Is it GOA? Someone else?

What does NRA say about the alleged contribution?

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Do we have independent verification of this $4,950.00 contribution from the NRA? NRA-PVF?

I've seen this number from "gun rights" groups. Is it GOA? Someone else?

What does NRA say about the alleged contribution?

Independent verification is what I provided. AP news stories. Direct (I'm guessing is what you meant) confirmation would be from the NRA.

This isn't coming from the JPFO, GOA or SAF or any others.

I doubt Reid would be bragging about getting this money from the nra if they didn't give it to him.

As to the political donation link fireball posted, it isn't listed real time. :rolleyes:

A simple google search turns up dozens of news sources:
    nra ried 4,950 - Google Search

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Just more
    nails.jpg

in the coffin of why the NRA is not really our friend (in terms of true 2A ideology).
    :faint:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    O.K., direct, independent, what does the NRA say?

Did they donate money? If so, when?

The NRA says you are a sucker and thanks for helping support Harry Reid :rolleyes:

Contact them yourself, apparently it's the only thing that will satisfy you:

Paid for by the NRA Political Victory Fund (www.NRAPVF.org) and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

11250 Waples Mill Road | Fairfax, Virginia 22030 | 800-392-8683

Your questions have been answered, they donated $4,950 6 years ago and AGAIN $4,950 this election cycle.

Also, not a penny for Sharon Angle (as of August 31st 2010).

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Time out, im confused, the article says that tyhe nra IS NOT supporting harry reid but his manager claims they gave him money, who to believe, the media or a politcans manager? Could the manager be saying this to try to save face and trick people into thinking that they are backed by the NRA?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    duke, no, lying in politics? When did this start?:D

The NRA says you are a sucker and thanks for helping support Harry Reid

I haven't given any money to the PVF unless you think that dues fund PVF, then I think you are confused, prom.

However, I will take your suggestion and contact NRA-PVF and report back to the group.:)

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    The FEC reports the following NRA-PVF contributions:

09/22/2009 2500.00
    03/25/2010 1500.00
    05/27/2010 950.00

I'm OK if the NRA is trying to keep Reid in the stable. Do you want him, the Senate majority leader, as a possibly unreliable friend or a sworn enemy? I'll take the former.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    You missed one date: 8/3/2010- Elena Kagan confirmation hearing begins

The contributions were all before that date and my guess is that's what caused the NRA to stop backing Reid.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I see, so the last contribution was pre-Kagan. I can understand PVF's basis for doing this.

`Yep, YOUR hard earned dues money you've sent to the nra is going to Harry Reid.

I can see your point on giving money to Reid being a mistake, prom, but it is incorrect that dues from members go to NRA-PVF.

Moses

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Farmersburg, In.
    i have to agree with dross. i mean which one of you guys is going to washington to try to preserve our gun rights. i guess you could start your own org. but how long before you have to deal with the devil to stay in position to try to be the most effective in your cause? there has been alot of talk on ingo about trust but i don't know how any of you guys even vote. at some point you have to lend some trust to someone and then hold them accountable.

esigler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Thats why I like JPFO no compromise, im so sick of the lesser of two evils. I want real no hidden agendas, no more games! No more Harry!

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Thats why I like JPFO no compromise, im so sick of the lesser of two evils. I want real no hidden agendas, no more games! No more Harry!

I'm so, so sick of choosing between the lesser of two evils, too!

Gosh, golly gee, Beav! If only the World was the way we think it should be, instead of the way it IS!

Kumbaya! M'Lord, Kumbay-yaa! Oh, Lord, Kumbay-Yaaah!!!!

Top Bottom