• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    How did everyones Fourth go? Mine was all right, went to 3 BBQs, lit some stuff off, watched all of my friends kids have a blast. The neighborhood was quiet until about 8:15 or so, then it was like a communal plan thing, EVERYTHING started going off. Luckily my neighbors had some of the heavy duty stuff, so the big kids (me) had a blast too. Still have all of my fingers, and no one else got hurt either. It was great.

Hopper

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    Well after working until midnight on the 3rd, my 4th was spent mostly doing nothing, except a Star Trek Voyager DVD marathon...

:starwars: (Yes, I know it's Star Wars, but there are no Star Trek smilies here)

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Went to Target, got cookout stuff...because it was the last minute.

Had Forrest Gump brother-in-law over for cookout.

Held off on setting up new volleyball/badminton net due to drizzly rain each time I started getting interested.

Cooked burgers, hot dogs, and corn on grill.

Celebrated freedoms by going out in the woods and shooting two SMGs (broke firing pin on Reising after seven rounds).

Answered questions about SMGs asked by brother in law, even though he is there for this every year and asks the same things.

Calmed his girlfriend about SMGs.

Shot off some noise-making fireworks while waiting for dark (stupid DST).

Listened with great joy to belt-fed being fired the next road over (I need to find and meet that guy). Neither Forrest or his girlfriend realized what that was.

Shot off other fireworks after dark.

Calmed dog.

Went to bed.

One thing I noticed when making the grocery run:
    There were a lot of businesses open.
    I understand some, since I used to work in an industry where holidays were busy days (airline) so I can see that travelers could use fast food and gasoline, and that people always need groceries, and other reasons, but...
    I saw beauty supply stores, pet supply stores, a print shop, and other places open.
    Maybe I'm making too much out of this, but it sure seemed like a lot of buinesses were treating it like any other day.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Well after working until midnight on the 3rd, my 4th was spent mostly doing nothing, except a Star Trek Voyager DVD marathon...

:starwars: (Yes, I know it's Star Wars, but there are no Star Trek smilies here)
    mf_trek.gif
    StarTrekSmiley.gif
    borg.gif

And of course...

icon_startrek6.jpg

(I was unable to locate my favorite Trek picture; the one of Shatner, Nimoy, and Kelley holding hand phaser props up like electric razors.)

Blessings,
    B

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    something like this........:spend:, and then this :alcoholic:, then i ate like 12 sati babis and almost caught my eyebrows on fire, then some of :cheers:. which led to everyone watching my stupid antics doing a little of this :lmfao:

oh yeah for personal info a dozen beers and sati babis is a bad combination. i think i have found a new bowel pain

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Set off my two .460 Weatherby blanks I have been working on for over two weeks before the 4th. Loud enough to scare (even with all the other works going off) the neighbors and get the Avon cops called on me once (what gun officer?).:D:D It was a blast. My one cool neighbor supplied the shine and we had a good time!

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    I don't even know what a sati babis is. But it sounds dangerous.

basically just a pure pork shishkabob (think donnie baker on a stick) seasoned with soy sauce and whatever else you choose to marinate it in. basically just carnival meat (so probably housecat)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    basically just a pure pork shishkabob (think donnie baker on a stick) seasoned with soy sauce and whatever else you choose to marinate it in. basically just carnival meat (so probably housecat)

Pork shishkabob? Mmmm, baaaacon..

But isn't it "a jalepeño on a steek"?

(wondering how many here will get that)

Blessings,
    B

cougar_guy04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Lookin' for Galt's Gulch
    How did everyones Fourth go?
    Went fine for me. Went over to a coworkers place for dinner with a few folks, downed a few Yuengling Lagers (where has that beautiful beer been all my life!), watched the neighbors expend some ordinance, then went inside and talked guns/laws/the alma mater/NFA Stuff until 3:30 in the morning.

It was a good day all in all, plus I got a 20mm shell casing for my collection out of it. :)

cougar_guy04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Lookin' for Galt's Gulch
    Yuengling Frequently Asked Questions - America's Oldest Brewery
    Yuengling Distributors - America's Oldest Brewery

Yuengling.com said:
    Why can't I find Yuengling nationwide?
    The Yuengling Brewery is a regional brewer that has manufacturing plants in Pottsville, PA and Tampa, FL. Currently we distribute our products over a ten state area along the eastern seaboard. While there is significant interest for our products nationwide, unfortunately we do not have the manufacturing capabilities to service customers across the United States. As a result, our focus and efforts continues to be on our loyal customers and markets that are logistically feasible to our production facilities.
    IIRC, you can get it in Ohio. I'm just lucky that the have a plant in FL.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    "On a steeeek"!!! :lmfao::rockwoot:
    We had a cat when my now (today!) 20 year old daughter was in kindergarten and 1st grade. The cat often got called by her species name, in Spanish, among other names, some of which were even polite. The school offered the opportunity for her to take Spanish after her "morning kindergarten", so we agreed and enrolled her.

She proceeded to tell the teacher one day that she knew two words in Spanish: gato and on a steeek. :ugh: -D'OH!

Blessings,
    B

Top Bottom