• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bastispah

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Morristown IN
    I would go with either a Ruger P95, or if you eschew hammers the Ruger SR9. I have the p95 and its S&W quality and reliability for half the price. just my :twocents:

Ol'Bluesmoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Well there's an easy solution to that and train hard with your house gun...even if it is a similar platform there are subtle differences between guns of the same line...the psychological confidence will be a great plus knowing you have put the range time in with that home gun. Protecting oneself in the field is important...protecting onself and the family in the homestead is even more important...practice, practice, pratice.

I also second Bastispah's suggestion, the Ruger P95 can't be beaten for price and quality in my book.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    One lower cost and very solid option is the Bersa Thunder 9 Pro High Capacity.

+1

I went the same route. Found a carry weapon I was happy with and wanted a high cap too. I went with the Bersa 9HC (17+1) which came with a second mag for $349 brand new. The Bersas have an excellent reputation and I have yet to hear from an owner of a Bersa 9 that did not like it. They are accurate, solid, comfortable and reliable and carry a lifetime warranty. It's worth taking a look at one.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Check out the CZ-75B this is a commonly overlooked pistol. Very reasonably priced and crazy accurate. I would say it is among the best combat pistols in the world...

bonsaijackson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    I eventually sold it but, sigma 9 is under-rated. Really dug that gun. 17+1 if I member correctly. much cheaper than the top mentioned, if thats a factor. Otherwise I would vote the 226, don't think you can go wrong there.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    One lower cost and very solid option is the Bersa Thunder 9 Pro High Capacity.

+1

I went the same route. Found a carry weapon I was happy with and wanted a high cap too. I went with the Bersa 9HC (17+1) which came with a second mag for $349 brand new. The Bersas have an excellent reputation and I have yet to hear from an owner of a Bersa 9 that did not like it. They are accurate, solid, comfortable and reliable and carry a lifetime warranty. It's worth taking a look at one.

Can't beat the Bersa for quality and value. Indy Trading Post has one for under $350(I THINK it was $343).

You may find some bad reviews here n there with the Bersa 380 due to a disconnector spring issue, but as stated above, I have yet to see a single negative review of the 9's.

My 9UC has been flawless. I even "limp wristed" it and TRIED to get it to fail. It didn't.

17 +1
    2 mags
    Under $350
    Lifetime Warranty

'nuff said...

kcw12

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 4, 2008
    I have another vote for the cz 75, just picked one up and its very accurate, feeds anything i want and feels good in my hand!!!

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I would have suggested a Hi-Power, but in todays world it is not as high capacity as some. I grew up shooting my dads and cannot wait till I get it.
    A good alternative would be any S&W auto, they are considered "thick" which would make it a perfect home defense gun instead of a carry gun. The 6906 and any similar would be great. My .02

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Is there a specific reason you want your home defense gun to be a different platform and caliber then your carry gun? If you get a G21 you still wouldn't have magazine compatibility, but you would have the simplicity of only one caliber as well as the familiarity of grip, trigger and feel by using the same platform.

So, my suggestion considering your carry gun is to use a full size glock for home defense. G17 if you want 9mm or G21 if you might want to stick with the same caliber.

BIG TIM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fountaintown
    If you like Sigs, dont forget to look at a Sig 2022. CDNN had them advertised new for $439 complete with free laser. I have a Sig 229 and a 2022 both. My opinion is that the 2022 is every bit the quality weapon as my 229!

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    For a real High Cap 9mm Pistol.
    1003031wm1.jpg

Plus
    CCS900-1.jpg

Just sayin!

stoyan79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    You have to check the CZ-75.

The new SP-01 has 20 round capacity!

It is proven combat pistol, with unsurpassed reliability, excellent ergonomics and it fits my hand better than any other pistol.

750px-CZ_75_SP-01.jpg

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I would have suggested a Hi-Power, but in todays world it is not as high capacity as some. I grew up shooting my dads and cannot wait till I get it.
    A good alternative would be any S&W auto, they are considered "thick" which would make it a perfect home defense gun instead of a carry gun. The 6906 and any similar would be great. My .02
    Well, not with the factory 13rd mags. I think Mec-gar makes 17rd flush fits for the HP. I have the 15 rounders for mine, and am plenty happy with them. I assume 15 at least is still considered hi-cap.:dunno:

Top Bottom