• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    When I have experienced cylinder drag problems like that I always look at the case and primer and how they are pressing against the back plate. Another thing I have seen do this is unburned powder kernels under the ejector star. Used to drive me crazy with the old IMR 4227.:)

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I ain't lookin to get a new gun. I was just wanting some ideas why it was doing that. Than I seen in the manual for that gun it doesn't reccommend using +p ammo. Cause it can cause it not revolve. Because the shell can slide back. I love the way the gun shoots and how comfortable it is.

I guess a lot of people missed this so I re-posted it for you. Good luck with your gun. Enjoy it and shoot the crap out of it. :rockwoot:

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    lol Thanks wtfd661. Now all means if it does it with other ammo. I will most def take it backand look for something else. But if it has something to do with +p ammo. THan I just wont use that ammo.

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    I had a Taurus model 605 in stainless and had the same problem when I shot .357. I sent it back to Taurus twice before it was fixed correctly. I dumped it at a show shortly after testing it for functionality.

Sell or trade it and get a S&W. You'll thank yourself later. Once a gun fails, it is untrustworthy for anything but plinking at the range.

Top Bottom