• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johncandy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Looking at ordering a couple thousand of these from wideners, and was wondering if anyone had experience with these? They'll be shot from a AR platform, using a 16 inch heavy bull barrel, 1x9 twist.

I usually stick with hornady 55 or 60 grain vmax, I have no experience with nosler.

Also I'm seeing these COL being slated at 2.280, but loading at that size will create problems in at AR mag. Any help here? Thanks in advance!

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Looking at ordering a couple thousand of these from wideners, and was wondering if anyone had experience with these? They'll be shot from a AR platform, using a 16 inch heavy bull barrel, 1x9 twist.

I usually stick with hornady 55 or 60 grain vmax, I have no experience with nosler.

Also I'm seeing these COL being slated at 2.280, but loading at that size will create problems in at AR mag. Any help here? Thanks in advance!

40gn are pretty short bullets, are you sure 2.280 was for those? I've loaded nosler 40gn Varmageddon with no issue. My Lyman shows 40gn vmax at 2.215.

c604

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Morgantown
    Yeh thats what my manual shows also 2.280 but I have loaded these to fit my pmags and ran them no problem. I loaded them over benchmark powder and ran them out of a colt hbar 16" 1 in 9 twist with my silencer on and never had any issues. I love the lightweight bullets for varmint hunting because they pretty much vaporize on impact and I dont have to worry about ricochets. I can recomend the barnes 36gr varmint grenade over a max load of benchmark as one of the most accurate loads out of my colt I have found.

Johncandy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Yeh thats what my manual shows also 2.280 but I have loaded these to fit my pmags and ran them no problem. I loaded them over benchmark powder and ran them out of a colt hbar 16" 1 in 9 twist with my silencer on and never had any issues. I love the lightweight bullets for varmint hunting because they pretty much vaporize on impact and I dont have to worry about ricochets. I can recomend the barnes 36gr varmint grenade over a max load of benchmark as one of the most accurate loads out of my colt I have found.

Sounds good, I'll get the order in!

Top Bottom