Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Illinois Railway Museum with Thomas the Tank Engine . . . And his friend Percy the mail delivery engine. We got rides from both Thomas & Percy. And we went to lots of other railway exhibits. Oh, and we went to the gift shop and got (more) Thomas & Friends toys to add to our collection.

But I have to say, I was a bit disappointed in 2 things. 1, the longest line was for the inflatable slide and not for the train rides. And 2, they did not have any electric Thomas trains for sale. We have "G" scale (1 gauge) Christmas train cars and I was hoping to get something "Thomas" to add to our collection. Nada. Nothing. Zilch. Not even any O, HO or N gauge electric stuff either.

tempImagevzBdOl.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Illinois Railway Museum with Thomas the Tank Engine . . . And his friend Percy the mail delivery engine. We got rides from both Thomas & Percy. And we went to lots of other railway exhibits. Oh, and we went to the gift shop and got (more) Thomas & Friends toys to add to our collection.

But I have to say, I was a bit disappointed in 2 things. 1, the longest line was for the inflatable slide and not for the train rides. And 2, they did not have any electric Thomas trains for sale. We have "G" scale (1 gauge) Christmas train cars and I was hoping to get something "Thomas" to add to our collection. Nada. Nothing. Zilch. Not even any O, HO or N gauge electric stuff either.

View attachment 287458
    It's cause train toys r 4 boomers.
    The younglings don't want nothing if it's not on some stupid smartphone.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    @Snapdragon did j&j ever get back to you about gutters? After they no showed me they called me all apologetic and said they’d be here within a day or two, that was WEEKS ago
    Good timing. They did call back, and we played phone tag for about a week, but the guy came over yesterday. He said we really did not need a complete set of gutters. He suggested just reattaching the gutter across the front of the garage that is loose. Gave us a good price and we agreed. They should be here by Wednesday.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Good timing. They did call back, and we played phone tag for about a week, but the guy came over yesterday. He said we really did not need a complete set of gutters. He suggested just reattaching the gutter across the front of the garage that is loose. Gave us a good price and we agreed. They should be here by Wednesday.
    That sounds really good. I would be impressed if a gutter company told me that.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Cool I think I’m done trying, if they can’t bother getting back to me to take my money idk why I’d keep trying to give it to them. Maybe I’m wrong but if I have to work that hard to get them here how likely are they to show up as promised? On the other hand, I’ve been trying off/on for two years to get gutters replaced

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    It is very obnoxious …. I have never met a good contractor with good communication / customer service. I have met bad contractors with both of those skills though lol

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012

View attachment 287458
    Wow trains are an expensive hobby also. Tons of gscale Thomas online. Get your wallet ready

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Bah! One of my 2 rat traps is missing. I suspect it's either gone (squirrel) or will smell in in a couple days.

Yeah. That's why I asked earlier about what kind of trap for ground squirrels. I've had regular mouse traps disappear when I had ground squirrels around. Never did find it. Maybe I need to clean out the corners more often?

Ps. Good morning, all you guys, gals, and others.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    It is very obnoxious …. I have never met a good contractor with good communication / customer service. I have met bad contractors with both of those skills though lol
    And the other two places I called were younger guys. Got a bid from one two weeks ago and called/emailed him 3 times to seal the deal--no reply. Another one I was just trying to get him to come over and look--I called him 3 times--no reply. Ironically, yesterday after signing the deal with J&J, both of the other guys finally called, wondering why I had not gotten back to them. They had both been sending multiple texts.... to our land line.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Cool I think I’m done trying, if they can’t bother getting back to me to take my money idk why I’d keep trying to give it to them. Maybe I’m wrong but if I have to work that hard to get them here how likely are they to show up as promised? On the other hand, I’ve been trying off/on for two years to get gutters replaced
    I would give them one more try. They seem legit.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I would give them one more try. They seem legit.
    I am not affiliated at all…. But they have done work for me ( a lot ) and I am happy with the price, honesty, and quality of work. Communication…… meh. I like that it is father and son and both are great guys.

Sometimes I wonder if contractors communication is so bad because they are so accustom to tire kickers …..? When I call I am ready to spend $$ so that’s what makes it so annoying when they make it hard to give my money away but I guess they deal with people all the time that aren’t really looking to get the work done.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    You have no idea how frustrating it is to respond quickly to a request for a bid, go out and look at the job, give the them a ballpark; which they say they think is reasonable, spend hours figuring the bid, presenting it within reasonable range of the ballpark.

Only to have them tell you they need to get 5 more bids and never hearing back.

I wish I had something so simple to give a price on the spot and walk away.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    This is because "good contractors" have too much work to the point where there are just NOT enough hours in a day/week to take on all the jobs they have.

So they don't need good communication/customer service skills since everyone wants them.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Wow trains are an expensive hobby also. Tons of gscale Thomas online. Get your wallet ready
    I have a bunch of Marklin (1 Gauge) plus quite a bit of Bachmann, LGB, etc G-scale. I was hoping their store (big tent) would have had some that runs on the 1 gauge track, but they did not.

Lots of the 'wood' series and lots of the 'plastic' series sets for the kiddos.

We walked out with some of the plastic series stuff because he is more into battery powered/moving trains than he is into pushing the little wooden ones around. We have a bunch of "wooden" trains and tracks that are compatible with the Thomas stuff, but he prefers any toy that has a motor.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You have no idea how frustrating it is to respond quickly to a request for a bid, go out and look at the job, give the them a ballpark; which they say they think is reasonable, spend hours figuring the bid, presenting it within reasonable range of the ballpark.

Only to have them tell you they need to get 5 more bids and never hearing back.

I wish I had something so simple to give a price on the spot and walk away.
    The bigger firms do at least in commercial electrical trades jedi had worked it. They normally use it for the 1st general estimate. Not for submitted bids.

Software based estimates.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I went to Indy for my nephew's kid's 1 year old birthday party yesterday and had a good time. Afterwards I took the 15 minute drive to Cabela's in Noblesville. Been thinking of a TX22 so decided to buy one for $309. Filled out the form on a laptop and got to the page to review everything and the laptop froze. They tried for 1/2 hour to get back into the system and could not. It became 5 minutes after closing time so I didn't get it. :tantrum: They had a nice Savage 99 take down in 300 Savage but not for $1499. Already have one that isn't a take down.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jaydond
    Top Bottom