Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    All caps is the good one
    THIS!!!

the all caps is the European/South America version which still uses the original ingredients which allows for the glass to go from hot to cold with no issues.

The lower case version is the american/Canada version which uses a different cheaper formula for the glass. The glass is "stronger" in terms of it taking a hit but it loses the property of going from hot/cold without cracking.

The all cap is more fragile but retains that hot/cold property.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Motorcyclist killed today in Kouts on IN-8 @ Baums Bridge Rd(sketchy intersection)about a mile from my house. It must have happened right before I rolled into town on the way home from the M&S because the cops were about a half mile ahead as I rolled through Rt 49 and I turned off to detour through town. My brother saw something about it on Facebook or whatever and he called me as I was getting the last of my stuff into the house to make sure it wasn't me.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    People complain about that intersection all the time because it's at an angle and if you're heading northbound on Baums it's a slight uphill approaching Rt8 but I have no problem with it in my Tacoma, an F150 should be able to see even better. One of the posts I saw about it people were clamoring for a regular traffic light because there are accidents there several times a year. We don't need a traffic light, we need mass craniorectal excisions. A roundabout might be acceptable.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    People complain about that intersection all the time because it's at an angle and if you're heading northbound on Baums it's a slight uphill approaching Rt8 but I have no problem with it in my Tacoma, an F150 should be able to see even better. One of the posts I saw about it people were clamoring for a regular traffic light because there are accidents there several times a year. We don't need a traffic light, we need mass craniorectal excisions. A roundabout might be acceptable.
    Probably a good place for a roundabout. The one at Rt 2 and 100S is a huge improvement over how it used to be. Visibility was horrible there. I was surprised they didn't put one in at Division and Smoke when they redid it.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Probably a good place for a roundabout. The one at Rt 2 and 100S is a huge improvement over how it used to be. Visibility was horrible there. I was surprised they didn't put one in at Division and Smoke when they redid it.
    I know Kokomo is trying to turn itself into the next Carmel with all their roundabouts. Honestly, since no one knows how to drive them, I think they are causing more harm than good. Plus they are all marked up from people trying to drive straight over them.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Yeah that one is kinda awkward too with the way the crest of the hill on Smoke is like RIGHT THERE to the south but at least it has a perpendicular intersection.

yep, right over the curb, leaving bits and pieces of bumpers and tire marks.
    I approve, being stupid should hurt

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I know Kokomo is trying to turn itself into the next Carmel with all their roundabouts. Honestly, since no one knows how to drive them, I think they are causing more harm than good. Plus they are all marked up from people trying to drive straight over them.

Maybe before putting the damn things in, they should have come up with standard designs (across the nation), and educated people on their use.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Maybe before putting the damn things in, they should have come up with standard designs (across the nation), and educated people on their use.
    Like educating anyone would do any good.

Most of them are so simple you shouldn't need instruction. The thing missing for most people that can't handle them is the lack of knowledge of what a Yield sign means. Then again, your average driver can't navigate a four way stop either. Right of way is a totally foreign concept.

I have yet to see one that does not allow traffic to flow better than before it was there. Even the "complicated" ones have traffic flowing much better than the lights and signs they replaced.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Have u lost your mind!
    U anti-captilsit person! :)

There would be less accidents.
    There would be less jobs for attys to sue.
    Less peeps needed new cars after wreking theirs.
    Less work for the doctors and hospitals.

Nonsense! ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom