Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    When I had my motorcycle accident, it happened some time around noon, got UChicago via helicopter some time in the afternoon and surgery to repair my shattered arm(and nip off my fingertip) wasn't until 8am the next morning lol

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Am I reading this correctly right now. Please tell me the guy who complains about everyone’s driving is a cyclist……. The irony would be too much.
    And a cyclist who doesn't believe in giving cars the right of way.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Filing claim with insurance for roof. Lost some Shingles...

Anything I need to know?
    Don't file anything for quite a while. They may drop you like a hat. When I did a roof replacement on the old house, I didn't have to do much. I gave the obviously squared away contractor the green light with the insurance and he did all the communications. He cc'd me in everything. Got a weak spot approved to be replaced, and a ridgeline cap to be installed instead of caps.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Filing claim with insurance for roof. Lost some Shingles...

Anything I need to know?
    Use an public insurance adjuster to deal with the insurance company. They deal with the insurance company on your behalf and will get the best settlement for you.

We did this last year and it was great not having to do it myself.

If you have someone in mind to do the roof they probably have someone they use for this.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    For me….. you have insurance for a reason, use it. I think the insurance companies have everyone scared to file a claim. Most homeowners is 1 claim every 3 years I think or something close to that.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I have been lucky I guess. State Farm replaced my garage at our old house when the roof caved in due to snow, a couple of car accidents taken care of, my shed burned down (thank you fireworks in residential areas), an a/c unit replaced because it was struck by lightning and our roof was done last year. I've been their customer over 40 years.

Our homeowners insurance went up about $100 a year after the roof. We did siding and gutters at the same time as the roof. Their reasoning was that the value of our house went up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom