Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I found out they closed when I ordered from Uno's web site, paid online and then got to the store with closed signs all over it. Uno's made it right but that was not a happy making experience.

We tried Old Chicago once, never went back.
    Used to go to Old Chicago with the Direct Buy crew. I once ordered a medium rare burger there, even said would be ok. Each burger came out beyond well done. After allowing them 4 attempts in the same night, I never went back. The weird thing was, other people were getting medium rare burgers just fine.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Anybody doing the wham ride
    Don't let brevity get in the way of clarity.

I like Snap's guess but maybe this is what you refer to?

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    used to do the victory for veterans ride (motorcycles) til we learned the money went in no way shape or form to any veteran causes. mcdermott gained 80-100k annually in proceeds, when confronted with evidence once he gave 50k to veteran house in lafayette ONCE. people flood to this ride because it 'benefits veterans'. my guess is the WHAM ride benefits the same way.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    used to do the victory for veterans ride (motorcycles) til we learned the money went in no way shape or form to any veteran causes. mcdermott gained 80-100k annually in proceeds, when confronted with evidence once he gave 50k to veteran house in lafayette ONCE. people flood to this ride because it 'benefits veterans'. my guess is the WHAM ride benefits the same way.
    I must be missing something, I don't see any claim of this being a charity ride. Someone else know anything about it? I just know what an internet search found.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, while some of the fund raisers at my Legion are to keep the place open, the Legacy Ride raises money JUST for the Legacy Scholarship.

The American Legion Legacy Scholarship is a needs based scholarship designed to fulfill a financial gap remaining after all Federal and State educational grants/scholarships available to an eligible applicant have been utilized.
    Available to the children of US military members who died while on active duty, or after Sept. 11, 2001.
    Children of post 9/11 veterans having been assigned a combined disability rating of 50 percent or greater by the Dept. of Veteran's Affairs also qualify.

(more at the link above)

Many Posts have Legion Riders, and many of those Riders have fundraisers specifically for this charity.
    I know that our Riders donate all from the ride.

1691006670248.png

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Am I reading this correctly right now. Please tell me the guy who complains about everyone’s driving is a cyclist……. The irony would be too much.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Golfed today at Blackthorn in South Bend. Finally got her her to J.W Chen's. Wish I took her picture when she ate her 1st crab ragoon. She's pretty much a crab ragoon fan. Mouth open, eyes rolling to the back of her head in sheer delight. Not many Chinese places play John Cougar. My streak of 47 years of worthless fortunes lives on.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom