Northwest Indiana Gun Owners # 25 good morning all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    @2A_Tom
    Thursday we had a tool show at the Legion. Different salesmen showed up with tools to show off what they got.

Milwaukee was there, so I mentioned to him about that power option you had mentioned.
    Then I told him I knew at least one carpenter would be interested in that power supply.
    Maybe others might.
    And I mentioned that another mfger DID have one.
    I wish you had let me know before hand.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Had to do my morning walk in the concrete jungle (crown point) today little different than the woods not bad seeing new things but shocking how little people move in the morning out here lol not even the coffee place was opened.

Visited three oaks MI last night went to the journeyman distillery pretty neat interesting menu (probably better suited for people that drink but food was decent) I wouldn’t say it was GREAT but I would go back. Good prices. Definitely going to go to deer creek range now that I know how easy the drive is.
    I've got some land a couple miles south of Three Oaks. Twenty acres I would love to sell.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I wish you had let me know before hand.
    Sorry.
    I knew it was a fundraiser for us, but a couple other guys were running this.
    So, I just wrote checks and made sure we had invoices, and votes from the membership.
    Now that we've had it, and I know what it is, I'll let you know when we have the next one, probably in a year.

Milwaukee was there, and I couldn't remember where that one power supply came from, but I told him about it and told him I thought it was DeWalt that had the one. :dunno:

There were other guys, with pipe stuff, and safety equipment.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    The Miner Dunn on Indianapolis Blvd. is where we took my wife's parents so I could ask her Dad for her hand. She had 8 brothers and sisters so Minor Dunn was as fancy as their family nights out got.

Still eat there once in a while.

I like their onion rings.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    The Minor Dunn on Indianapolis Blvd. is where we took my wife's parents so I could ask her Dad for her hand. She had 8 brothers and sisters so Minor Dunn was as fancy as their family nights out got.

Still eat there once in a while.

I like their onion rings.

You couldn't splurge and go to White Castle?

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I believe it's the only one, ever.. Right?

Nope, Miner Dunn had a few locations at one time. Some were sold to Schoops I think. My FIL told me MD supplied meals to Inland Steel at one time. There are some entanglements/history between MD and Schoops.

You couldn't splurge and go to White Castle?
    White Castle was a night out for MY family. My Dad loved White Castle and my Mom didn't mind a night off from cooking.

My wife picked Miner Dunn as the place to talk to her Dad.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Woods, field, sand?

Mostly woods now, some open. Probably pretty scrubby woods, used to be more open way, way back when it was a farm. Three Oaks is straight up S Martin Road a couple miles. Indiana is straight down, less than one mile.
    rmRHKug.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom