• ...and so much more!
  • DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I thought it was pretty neat till they quoted me a 1187 for five hundred and aftter I'd driven 3 hours they had the balls to say, "Oh, no, it's 599.00. That's what we mean when we say 500." Never again. Personally, I'm glad they're gone. That was BS.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    I used to go there every month in the 70's-80's with my family. That place used to be amazing during its glory years, dust, dirt, dogs, bear, narrow isles, all those guns, etc. etc. Last time I was there, just before they closed, I remember they had a table full of new M1-A's for $900 which I thought was too high a price. Now I wish I could go back in time and buy the whole table full for that price. :)

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    They actually opened a small store named Fetlas in Knox after the Valpo store closed. One of the partners. It got shut down something about the partnership in bankruptcy or foreclosure or something, anyway the one was moving iventory through the Knox store and they were visited by guys in suits. The lady that worked there said these guys walked in and closed the door and turned the sign to closed.
    The owner of the Knox store said it was pure and simple economics. They weren't making enough to keep it open. Taxes, insurance and once TSC moved to the other side of Valpo, their walk in traffic dropped to nil.

johnb62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Evansville Area
    I was there a few times in the 80's. A great place to look around. At that point I am sure I had never seen that many guns in one place. The prices were way out of line as I recall.

Dawall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Lake County
    I remember in the 70's and 80's they were selling waders and waterproof boots to many hunters that all leaked from day one. No returns or exchanges made. Contacted the MFG and found out they were seconds and irregulars. Clothing had one sleeve longer than the other or button holes were missing. But it was on sale. The place reminded me of a dirty flee market but was cool to go in and look at the many neat things.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom