North Korea rocket launch - why bother having rules?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    OP, complaining about selective enforcement of UN resolutions, although it may be legitimate, makes you sound a lot more naive than I had previously believed. :dunno:

In what way? I'm pointing out we have again demonstrated the UN means nothing and can neither enforce it's own resolutions nor protect its member nations. It was in our national interest and that of our allies to disable that missile. It just do happens we had an "international coalition" on our side if we wanted to do something (cause some people like those).

Maybe we hit the thing with a laser. Maybe they blew it up themselves because they were only testing the launch phase of the missile, Er....rocket.

I'm saying our country looks weak for not openly blasting it, UN looks weak for not openly blasting it, and this should be a public reason why we need out of the UN.

Again, I'm perplexed as to your comment.

PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    China won't let the DPRK do anything foolish. They're more interested in $$$ than ideology.

That and should military action be taken(which is unlikely and stupid) China will have a nightmare as a million or so NK refugees take there chances and run for the border and that is the last thing China wants.

I dont see the point in worrying about a country the size of Pennsylvania, which has no friends for neighbors, and is on the other side of the world.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    why have rules?
    why have a constitution?

its funny we expect other countries to follow the rules and guidelines that we set up for them but yet we ignore the rules and guidelines we set up for ourselves in the constitution...

sorry if i've digressed

jake

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Why does the UN think their rules and resolutions mean anything? NK agreed to not do this. We didn't do anything about Saddam for years, we let NK shoot a missle. We should have blasted that thing as soon as it was gaining elevation. Makes the world look soft.

What says you?

I'm about 90% certain we did blast that thing out of the sky using a Microwave beam from our Navy ships in the area. I'd rather them not know how we did it...

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    maybe we should arm the north korean civilians with hoodies?

jake
    Or arm them with ARs, and let them sort things out for themselves.

Or parachute in Al Sharpton and Jesse, and let them take on a real civil rights issue for a change.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    That and should military action be taken(which is unlikely and stupid) China will have a nightmare as a million or so NK refugees take there chances and run for the border and that is the last thing China wants.

I dont see the point in worrying about a country the size of Pennsylvania, which has no friends for neighbors, and is on the other side of the world.
    In the interests of regional stability, the U.S. has had a large military presence in Korea since the end of WWII. Much due to our involvement, North Korea's neighbors are now thriving economies and should be able to address these issues on their own. Certainly we can find a better use for 30,000 troops and an annual $3 Trillion expense.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    You know I've been seeing a lot of debate about NK's rocket.

They're going to try again. And they'll keep trying until they have a deliverable nuclear weapon system. We all know it. What this whole thing comes down to, is what are we gonna do about it? It seems to me we have a few choices:

1. Ignore it
    2. Talk big
    3. Impose sanctions
    4. Blockade North Korea
    5. Attack

Options 1-3 don't seem to me to have much chance of accomplishing anything.

Options 4-5 are acts of war.

So what do we do?

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I'm saying our country looks weak for not openly blasting it, UN looks weak for not openly blasting it, and this should be a public reason why we need out of the UN.

Weak?

We'd look like a bunch of morons for letting a two bit crap hole scare us.

NK can't get a missile to fly farther than a couple hundred kilometers. Have you looked at a map lately?

Let me google that for you

What in the world does America have to fear from NK? :dunno:

Fear and boogeymen. The media is doing a superb job of keeping the masses scared poopless.

Top Bottom