North Korea rocket launch - why bother having rules?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    And yet we keep doing it. Why? Its nothing but a testimony to our own stupidity. :patriot:
    It's the weird dichotomy of realpolitik and idealism that motivates our foreign policy. Other countries do it too, when they can.

We should never be surprised when a nation breaks treaties, when such behavior is in that nation's best interest.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The people in Korea suffer and starve but they have funds to build a rocket, albeit a poor one but it took the heck off and that is a strong start.

PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    We should have blasted that thing as soon as it was gaining elevation.

What says you?

We have the best intelligence in the world. If there was any notion this was for purposes other than a satellite more drastic measures by us or china would have been taken.

I have to ask you. Why Do you feel so threatened by a country the size of Pennslyvania?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    We have the best intelligence in the world. If there was any notion this was for purposes other than a satellite more drastic measures by us or china would have been taken.

I have to ask you. Why Do you feel so threatened by a country the size of Pennslyvania?
    China won't let the DPRK do anything foolish. They're more interested in $$$ than ideology.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Because N Korea agreed to NOT do this in exchange for various food aid and other benefits and violated their agreement

Yeah, our policy on foreign aid is dumb. Who really believed they would live up to it. Truth be told, even if they said F you, we don't want your aid under those conditions, I'm sure we would've given it to them anyway.

I give freely with no expectation of anything in return. I loan money only when I have plenty and would be comfortable not getting it back. If I can't live up to my convictions, I dont give. Works great for me.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Vitaly Churkin, Russia's U.N. ambassador, told reporters outside the Security Council chambers that members don't have "clear agreement" about what steps to take if the launch goes ahead. "But one thing I can tell you: We have unanimity of understanding that if it were to happen, that would be a clear violation of two Security Council resolutions."

Translation: "We have nothing planned except to stomp our feet and huff some more."

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    Loaning or giving money when you have plenty is OK , really nice :yesway: good for all

The last time I checked , the good ol' USA was 15+ TRILLION in debt with no end in sight :spend:

Most gov. leaders aren't even TRYING to work on a budget and we are providing aid and other goodies to other countries. WTF ...:dunno:

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Loaning or giving money when you have plenty is OK , really nice :yesway: good for all

The last time I checked , the good ol' USA was 15+ TRILLION in debt with no end in sight :spend:

Most gov. leaders aren't even TRYING to work on a budget and we are providing aid and other goodies to other countries. WTF ...:dunno:

Why do you hate?

Just an update, it's closer to 16 Trillion.

The understatement is understandable though. The mother****ers we have as "representitves" today can spend billions of your money while you're taking a nap.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed

I dont approve of anyone loaning or giving away money that doesnt belong to them.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood

Exactly! That's the point, if we don't have it to give without stipulations, we shouldn't give.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    389871_291225774248264_165801456790697_754490_34841555_n.jpg

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    OP, complaining about selective enforcement of UN resolutions, although it may be legitimate, makes you sound a lot more naive than I had previously believed. :dunno:

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Well... we're just going to have to show them and give them a stern talking to.

Maybe the UN can form a circle jerk committee to issue some warnings.

Perhaps the U.S. will impose sanctions (while still supplying them with food aid of course).

Meanwhile, while the UN sits in a circle jerking each other off and the U.S. feeds the citizens of NK, NK will be fueling the next rocket.

The usual threat of the UN (and the US): STOP! or we'll say stop again! OK, no soup for you! (or at least right now...)

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Of course we didn't do anything. President Obama gave NK a very stern lecture after they attacked Yeonpyeong in 2010. And that was an ACTUAL military assault on SK. Not just NK playing with their toy rocket.

Top Bottom