• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ddb40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Brazil
    Hello All, I just happened to be on the site and saw this thread. It sounds like most of you have never been to ProTEQ before. ProTEQ would be glad to have you, but it may be busy October 3rd. The South Valley Range (Lemon Valley to the Cowboys) has a Cowboy Wild Bunch Match from 8 to 1 and then a Venture Scouting Group will move in from 2 to close.

I'm not sure the size of the Scout group (likely 6 to 12) mostly inexperienced teenage shooters learning how possibly for the first time. Their shooting will be shotgun, 22 Rim Fire, and handgun. Their Scouting rules mandate that only ONE at TIME will be shooting. It is possible you could share the valley with them, just be courteous. The West Valley (Main Range) has nothing planned, but it may be busy from the normal weekend traffic. You can check the website for rules, membership, and the event calendar.

If one of you is already a ProTEQ Patron and the rest have not been here before you could sign up for the day under the "Guest Rules" ($5.00 Fee - see the FAQ page). The Guest concept is an advertisement ploy to introduce the range to those not familiar with it. Complete the Range Release, list a SPONSOR on top the page, pay the fee, sign in on the range and..... - you get to experience ProTEQ.

website proteq.us

Email me if you have questions. I'm often too busy to watch INGO, maybe signing in once or twice a month. I'll likely be OUT of the office till tonight.

Last edited:

ddb40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Brazil
    I just spoke with the Scout Leader. They will be shooting from 3 positions on the rim fire range, but only one lane on the Pistol Range & one in the Shotgun (clay pigeon) area. Since they have only ONE instructor only ONE area will be used a given time. There should be more than sufficient room for your group.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I e-mailed MCF&G about the main range closure and got the following back. I'm sure it is accurate, but not very helpful.

We are going to close the range for construction but the date has not been set yet. As soon as the date is set we will post a notice on the web site.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Can we decide now where we want to go eat after we get done shooting? This way if there are some other people that can't shoot with us but would still like to join us, they know where to go.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I'd like to meet at the Kroger parking lot on Crawfordsville Rd (465 Exit 16East).
    Google Map of Kroger

Given that we will have to go through an automatic gate and I'm not sure how busy the range will be, fewer cars will be better, so I'd like to consolidate everyone into 2 cars and then head in. As for restaurants, there are a number of cheap/moderate expense options in the immediate area- Dennys, McDonalds, Einstein Bagels, Buffalo Wild Wings, Arbys, KFC, Grindstone Charleys, MCL, and Applebees.

Are you still planning to arrive around noon? I'll visit the range before we meet to verify if the main range is open.

If all else fails, Eagle Creek Pistol Range (managed by Guy Relford) is pretty close by. They will be having a class the same day, but I'll check if they will have space available as a Plan B.

Last edited:

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Thursday Trap is going on as planned, no date has been set for closure. I doubt they will start any work on a Friday, so should be open on Sat.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I'd like to meet at the Kroger parking lot on Crawfordsville Rd (465 Exit 16East).
    Google Map of Kroger

Given that we will have to go through an automatic gate and I'm not sure how busy the range will be, fewer cars will be better, so I'd like to consolidate everyone into 2 cars and then head in. As for restaurants, there are a number of cheap/moderate expense options in the immediate area- Dennys, McDonalds, Einstein Bagels, Buffalo Wild Wings, Arbys, KFC, Grindstone Charleys, MCL, and Applebees.

Are you still planning to arrive around noon? I'll visit the range before we meet to verify if the main range is open.

If all else fails, Eagle Creek Pistol Range (managed by Guy Relford) is pretty close by. They will be having a class the same day, but I'll check if they will have space available as a Plan B.

Pudly, I can be at Kroger, at 12:00 noon..... I drive a black Dodge Gr. Caravan, with USMC plates .....

P. M. me if you want my number .....

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Google Map of Kroger

Union Jacks, also ..... we can OC, there .....

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom