• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    I have a Russian SKS and would but another of any brand if the price was around 250 or less. Never had a failure of any kind over the years that I have had it. I would take it into battle if I had to.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    A Norinco in perfect unfired condition should be worth around $275. That's with cleaning rod, bayo and everything. A paratrooper model, MAYBE $300, but I wouldn't pay it. I won't pay over $275 for ANY Norinco... Unless it's the D or M model Norinco that takes AK mags. Those are the stock model. Bubba'ed models made to take the AK mags are worth the same as a regular SKS because they could have problems after the modification if not done right.

I've had two Norinco's and my dad has one. I'm not an expert, but this is just what I've learned about them.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    During the big gun rush, I sold my Norinco and almost thousand rounds of ammo for $450. But, it had the Tapco Fusion stock, with scout scope on the gas block, and 5-6 tapco 20rnd mags. I think there was some other stuff too. For all that was there, not being able to find ammo, that was a heck of a deal. At the time, you couldn't touch Wolf x39 for less than $350/case. Tapco 20rnders were $20 a pop. Scout scope was brand new, never fired, $80.

So subtract $180 for the mags and scope, and you still have $270 for an SKS AND almost a case of ammo. All during the big gun rush of '09.

$400, even $300 for just an SKS rifle, bone stock, is price gouging like a mfer. Especially today.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I sold a pair of Russian SKSs during the CRAZE for $400 each. I didn't want to get rid of them but this dealer would not leave me alone and i finally caved. To be honest I like the Chinese SKSs mo betta!

Houdinih

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    In a Van Down By The River
    I've got a Yugo and a Norinco, and they both work flawlessly with the box mag. I shoot my norinco more becase it has the chrome lined barrel. I bought it about a month ago for just over $200. If you can get it for under $300 it is worth it. DO IT! If you don't let me know i can always use another one.

balorg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Bloomington
    I like my Norinco SKS!! I originally paid $175 and I have had no problems with it. The ammo is cheap and I think it's a great varmint rifle.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My Norinco can flip cans all day at 100 yards with cheap russian surplus ammo, using the iron sights.

As a fun plinking gun, I love it. As a battle rifle, eh..no thanks!

As an investment? I can't remember when the prices on ANYTHING firearms related was going down. If you can get it between 250 and 350, it's a good deal.
    Just my :twocents:
    +1 When I was younger and steadier handed, i used to be able to drill holes in a clay pidgeon on a hay bale at 250 yds with mine.

Top Bottom