• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    There is an auction coming up that has a decent variety of firearms and 1 that I'm sort of interested in is a Norinco M14 but from the reviews I've read, I'm not how much I should be interested. Anyone have one that hasn't had issues?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I've had a couple. They both shot ok and I never had any issues with mine, but a lot of people have. The heat treatment on some receivers was an issue and some parts aren't interchangable. Most issues can be fixed, but at a price. Unless it was a really good deal I'd pass and look for a SA M1A. Just my $.02

indianashooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    I've had one about seven years, they are good guns. The receivers are hammer forged and highly regarded, they did have some heat treat issues with the early production but the problem was corrected after consulting Ron Smith, SEI. The barrels are hammer forged and chrome lined, also considered good quality. The gas system is not the greatest but is functional. It can use a USGI or aftermarket gas cylinder and piston by retaining the original gas cyl. lock and a USGI gas cyl. piug. The trigger group is considered good with the addition of a couple new parts. The oprod is also a quality part. The chicom M14's main problems are with the bolt and rear sight assy. The bolts are said to be soft and will eventually get a long headspace requiring the bolt to be replaced though many are still fine. The chicom rifles are chambered for 7.62x51 not .308 and will generally show bad with .308 field gagues but may be ok for nato ammo, just don't fire .308 ammo until gun has been upgraded. The bolt can be replaced with USGI and a little gunsmithing, the original barrel can be used in most cases. The rear sight should be upgraded if you intend to ues it. The guns do have some Issues but so do M1A's from time to time, so if it's in good shape and can be got reasonably (probably more like under $900 now) go for it. You could have a nice gun for about what you will pay for a new M1A before you start upgrading it.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I saw one today that a guy was walking around the gun show. He sold if for 650.00 to a dealer that wanted it for his personal collection.

It looked like a nice weapon to me.

tlivin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I owned one several years ago. It functioned great. The only problem mine had , but I never had it checked out by a gunsmith, was it left a small dent in the case of every round I shot thru it.

Top Bottom