• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    For me it isn't worth the time for the little bit of money I would save. Maybe when the kids move out (in about 18 years) I will do it to keep me busy, but right now I have quite a bit on my plate.

sharkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    Hognuts' Liberal ****hole
    by cringing everytime we pull the trigger lol. still better then spending it on smoke or booze lol.

Hell, it works for Riggs!

EyesClosed.jpg

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    What I don't understand is how people afford to smoke. Or drink regularly....

My point is - we set our priorities and afford what we WANT to afford. Within our budget, of course.

rjh78

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I homebrew, and spend the money I save on drinking on shooting instead. Seriously though, I stockpiled a few years ago, and now I'll just buy the occasional WWB from Wally World or, in bulk online from somewhere like natchezss.com. It helps to have a friend who works at Remington in KY though to get the occasional employee pricing :)

Jerry45Acp

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    in the country
    I thoroughly enjoy reloading. I can make the perfect loads for the guns I shoot, the cost is not really that important.
    I reload so I can shoot more......or is it ......I shoot more so I can reload. ?

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I reload, but the cost savings aren't that much (maybe a nickel per round for 9 or 45 if I'm lucky). When my time is factored in, it's not worth it just for the money saved - you have to like doing it. When buying ammo, I just shop carefully at Walmart, Meijer, and online.
    Wow, what kinda of components are you buying? I'm notta bulk buyer and I'm saving way more than that!
    LB of powder $23-25
    1000 lead bullets $80
    1000 primers $34
    that's $137 give or take a few $$ for 1000 rds am I missing something? brass is range pick ups
    Maybe im missing somethg.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Sorry that's for 45 acp
    9mm is even cheaper, but,,I shoot nothing but lead, I know this makes a HUGE difference.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    1st mistake....Dick's
    I'm going through 1k rds of Ammunition Online at Factory Direct Prices | Freedom Munitions | Handgun Ammo & Rifle Ammo No issues
    Cheaper than Walmart especially if you get free shipping. Just keep an eye out for their promo codes.
    Free ship on first order right now.
    I got the re-manufactured this time.

I've bought some ammo from Freedom Munitions, include the remanufactured stuff. The three boxes I went thru didn't seem to be as accurate or consistent as my PPU 145 gr white box. The new ammo, tho a bit more costly, does better. I have a bunch on 9mm on hand waiting for my new gun to get here.

gcoop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for your help with getting me set up in the reloading hobby and sport. I also value my time and my time at the range gives me great satisfaction that i can say i made my own ammo at a fraction of the price for factory ammo.

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I don't worry about the cost. I buy whatever I feel is a decent price. I accepted the fact it'll never be like the 80s or 90s so I just adapt and move on, in this case, buy on. It's like everything else anyway. Gas is expensive but we still drive. Food prices are going up but we still eat. I doubt I'll ever learn to reload. It is what it is. I've had a lot of hobbies in the past and shooting it just like them. I've golfed, bought several musical instruments, bought many cars, eat out every week, etc.

However, everytime I shoot my .30-.30 with some friends, I do count...every bullet shot...$1...$2.....$3...I enjoy what I do...and slowly getting poorer...:laugh:

Nevernoluck2

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Peru
    I suffer cause I buy a gun instead of reloading equipment all over again but I don't shoot as much anymore, my biggest problem is finding the ammo I want

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Thanks for your help with getting me set up in the reloading hobby and sport. I also value my time and my time at the range gives me great satisfaction that i can say i made my own ammo at a fraction of the price for factory ammo.

Glad you enjoy it! now lets go this Friday

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    I attached a dollar figure to my time. It's cheaper to have someone else make the bullets then it would be to pay myself what I'm worth to do it. Instead of toiling away in my garage I'm playing with my kids and my dog. It's a tradeoff but one I'm willing to make.

Top Bottom