• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pitmaster

Expert
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    Do I pay the registration fee? Or the for the rifleman test card and attend with that fee? Or both? I'm a bit cornfused :)

For your first Appleseed you would pay the full fee of $70 and the Eventbrite registration fee. You can purchase the Rifleman Opportunity Card at the Appleseed for $20.

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    For your first Appleseed you would pay the full fee of $70 and the Eventbrite registration fee. You can purchase the Rifleman Opportunity Card at the Appleseed for $20.

The site says the ROC is going away in November. I'm assuming that you can continue to use it even past that date as long as you bought it before then, right?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    The site says the ROC is going away in November. I'm assuming that you can continue to use it even past that date as long as you bought it before then, right?

The way I understand this is as follows:

As long as you get your RWVA membership and validate your RWVA card as a ROC card before the ROC offer expires then you can shoot Appleseeds for free until you make Rifleman or until your RWVA/ROC card expires, whichever comes first. At least that's the way I read number 6 at this link:

Appleseed - Rifleman Opportunity Card

Correct?

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    The way I understand this is as follows:

As long as you get your RWVA membership and validate your RWVA card as a ROC card before the ROC offer expires then you can shoot Appleseeds for free until you make Rifleman or until your RWVA/ROC card expires, whichever comes first. At least that's the way I read number 6 at this link:

Appleseed - Rifleman Opportunity Card

Correct?

That's the way I read it but figure it's worth verifying.

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    Its official.

This event is being Shoot Bossed by SPQR. That makes this officially EPIC.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Phenomenal first day. I can honestly say I learned more today about citizenship and marksmanship than I have in the last 20 years. And this is coming from a 40 year old man.

Great instruction crew, great weather (minus the mud slop) and some great people. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Quote of the day for me (from our illustrious shoot boss Huff)

"I'm in the business of telling stories. And business is GOOD!"

Last edited:

Skywired

Master
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Phenomenal first day. I can honestly say I learned more today about citizenship and marksmanship than I have in the last 20 years. And this is coming from a 40 year old man.

Great instruction crew, great weather (minus the mud slop) and some great people. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Quote of the day for me (from our illustrious shoot boss Huff)

"I'm in the business of telling stories. And business is GOOD!"

Yes, it was a great day. I also learned a lot about citizenship and marksmanship...all coming from a 61 year old man.

My quote of the day (from our shoot boss Huff) relative to safety: "You see this beautiful face I have? I plan on going home tonight with it intact." :rockwoot:

Skywired

Master
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    My First...but not last Appleseed. What an experience.

It was cold....could have been colder.
    It was wet...it could have been raining.
    It was windy...it could have been really windy.

Life is only as enjoyable as you make it to be. We learned. We shot. We talked. We learned. And we shot. A lot. :)

Thanks to every one of you that devoted your time and effort to putting on this Noblesville Appleseed. I, for one, really appreciate your dedication.

Thanks Yellowhousejake, Ol Huff, Stagehand Steve, Spitfire51. Those are the only INGO names I know so let me repeat the 'street' names:

Thanks Dave, Huff, Niecie, Matt, Steve, Kate, and Diane.

Know This: What You Do.... It Works.

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    Yes, yes, thank you. You are right, I am incredibly awesome. Of course, so were my fellow instructors and so were the shooters. When was the last time you had that much fun being that miserable? When was the last time you sat for forty minutes in the cold riveted by a story like you were for YHJ's Third Strike?

I had a great time, thanks to everyone. I need to polish my lesson on the psychological impact of scopes on the shooter and how the dynamics of scope shooting impact your improvement. Sorry Muddaubers, you were the guinea pigs on that one. I will have it cleaned up for next time.

Top Bottom