• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    CEO: I make $3 an hour, then the board tips me $24 million.

There's nothing special about tipped income. How about just eliminate income tax on the first $X a year, whatever that X is, and let all low income workers have the same benefit. Or are the same people who cry 'the government shouldn't be picking winners and losers' somehow ok with 'Sorry stockboy, shoulda been a barista.' :rolleyes:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Meh, this is a good foot in the door.

Elimination of taxation of certain employment segments is a great start to head us to the "Fair Tax" taxation on consumption. Everyone then would actually pay "their fair share," to quote our current president. Drug dealers, pole dancers, prostitutes, loop-holers, welfare moochers, rich and poor alike.

Taxes paid at point of sale. No need for the bloated, corrupt, political, over-reaching IRS.

:twocents:

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    The only thing this does is annoy servers. Furthermore, anyone that annoys servers on purpose is a POS in my book.

This isn't about politics, this is just stupid. Writing "don't tax this" on a ticket doesn't change anything in the tax structure. How about you stop annoying low-paid workers, leave the restaurant and write your senator yourself if you care so much.

I have a lot of friends in the service industry and this is ridiculous .

Last edited:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I don't like any specific trade being a special tax class. That will end up perverted like all the hiring quotas for "protected classes" of citizens. No one wins except the incompetent.

The whole TIP centered culture has me aggravated anyway. Especially since they built it into computerized billing, it has become just a way for stealing from me while claiming I am a cheap criminal. There have been restaurants caught with bad programming where Pressing the 20% tip button gives the company above 25%, and it often includes the sales tax in the calculation.

Remember about 25 years ago, Forbes tried to run for president on the flat rate tax idea. I could realistically consider that. If we all have the same rights, we should all participate in the process.

I don't believe it is good that anyone rides for free. It takes a piece out of a man's soul if he cannot feel the satisfaction of earning his own way

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Remember about 25 years ago, Forbes tried to run for president on the flat rate tax idea. I could realistically consider that. If we all have the same rights, we should all participate in the process.

Flat tax with the first tier being tax free, say your first $25k (or whatever, just an example) annually is at 0%, solves a lot of issues. Having the first bracket tax free covers most of the middle class deductions, helps keep the tax from being regressive (poor people pay more of their income than rich people), and greatly simplifies the tax code for individuals.

But...it eliminates the ability to social engineer via taxes, so it's very unlikely to become a reality.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    The only thing this does is annoy servers. Furthermore, anyone that annoys servers on purpose is a POS in my book.

This isn't about politics, this is just stupid. Writing "don't tax this" on a ticket doesn't change anything in the tax structure. How about you stop annoying low-paid workers, leave the restaurant and write your senator yourself if you care so much.

I have a lot of friends in the service industry and this is ridiculous .
    I have a couple friends in the server job and they are making on average 1 grand a week in tips alone. Not all are “low-paid”.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL

Isn't it just easier to tip in cash? Well anyways, I'm not in politics to be able to grandstand. Since the government is able to print unlimited money as they have highlighted the last few years, taxes are already theft.

sapper83

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    We need a flat tax!!! Remove all deductions. That is the only way to make it fair.

It isnt right that executives get millions in "stock options" and don't pay a penny! That should be base taxed and then capital gains on the procedes if they hold and profit. I know a guy who traded stock options for a boat "asset of equal value" and didnt pay a penny in tax!!!!

Not a single individual should pay a higher rate then a cooperation! Also no one should skate by free! From the poor guy to amazon who paid 0$ several years, yet is one of the biggest cooperations in the world.

Tips are income! How about make the employer pay an extra tax for not paying minimum wage or make a federal law all jobs must pay minimum wage! Hmmm

It will take a clean slate to make the moves needed. Trump is just pandering.

sapper83

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2024
    Valparaiso
    Wanna help servers, make it illegal for owners to take their tips to split up with everyone else just so they don’t have to pay them properly.
    That always got me! That is communist ideology. Then the employer doesn't have to pay out those that didn't hit minimum wage on the backs of the employees that did well.

Mij

Permaplinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Wanna help servers, make it illegal for owners to take their tips to split up with everyone else just so they don’t have to pay them properly.
    Yep, wife and I just slip the tip to our server in cash when they pick up the receipt. That way we know to who, and where it is going.

Top Bottom