• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    No disrespect intended, but its their property, they can do as they please. If they want to do some low light shooting, more power to them. Who are you, or anyone else to tell someone what they can or cannot do on their own property.

+1 for the command officer (not usual that they make a good decision :D)

Question for you Josh is, what if every night around 10pm your neighbor starts working on his harley (or whatever) with his music blaring until 2am. AND every night your kid, wife, dog, whatever can't sleep becuase of it, what do you do then? (no offense intended, just a question for you)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Oh, I've had this idea for a long time (couple of decades--not a word, not a single word about my age). I penned an article for gun rags about it before and have written NRA BoD several times about it.

Move suppressors to Title I would allow greater use to decrease noise pollution and increase public health. From an objective standpoint, I fail to see a downside.

You still have your background check but without the silly tax on a lawn mower muffler.:rolleyes:

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    That's absurd. There's no place in the state of Indiana where you could shoot even a 22 pistol and not be with in earshot of some one.

Do noise ordinances only apply to city limits? I'm sure it varies from city to city but being a city boy I'm not sure.

I know here its something like 11pm-7am

Regardless the OP states it happened at 4pm, but just curious

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    No law is better law, so yeah, noise ordinances usually only apply in cities. Most counties have more important things to do than pacify city folk who've moved out to the country and actually thought the farmer next door wouldn't be using a giant John Deere pulling a 64 row planter at 7:00 a.m. in the morning, or that maybe he would'nt work past dark to get his hay in out of imminent rain...

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Do noise ordinances only apply to city limits? I'm sure it varies from city to city but being a city boy I'm not sure.

I know here its something like 11pm-7am

Regardless the OP states it happened at 4pm, but just curious

Noise ordinance? LOL

Sorry farmer, can't run that noisy picker after 11.

Sorry rock quarry, no more blasting before 7.

All you truckers pull over, no more Jake brakes...

City boys all go home and come back to hunt after 7 if you wouldn't shoot outside your own bedroom window don't come out here and do it. We don't sleep with the windows clamped down and the bars locked. No coon hunting past 11 either, you'll have to do that at home from now on too.

Noise ordinance... ROTFL.

Last edited:

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    +1 for the command officer (not usual that they make a good decision :D)

Question for you Josh is, what if every night around 10pm your neighbor starts working on his harley (or whatever) with his music blaring until 2am. AND every night your kid, wife, dog, whatever can't sleep becuase of it, what do you do then? (no offense intended, just a question for you)

None taken.

I can't say as I would like it, but he's perfectly within his rights to do so. Maybe he works during the day and thats the only time he has to "play"

As for the "un-neighborly" comment, I agree shooting EVERY NIGHT would indeed be un-neighborly, same as the Harly example.

HOWEVER the point of my post is being missed, IT IS THEIR PROPERTY, no one should be allowed to tell them what they can and cannot do. This is a free country, is it not???

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Noise ordinance? LOL

Sorry farmer, can't run that noisy picker after 11.

Sorry rock quarry, no more blasting before 7.

All you truckers pull over, no more Jake brakes...

City boys all go home and come back to hunt after 7 if you wouldn't shoot outside your own bedroom window don't come out here and do it. We don't sleep with the windows clamped down and the bars locked. No coon hunting past 11 either, you'll have to do that at home from now on too.

Noise ordinance... ROTFL.

:lmfao: That's great! :patriot:

This is a free country, is it not???

Unless you live in the city, a subdivision with an HOA, IL, CA, NY, a couple other states and cities, then yes, for now. :n00b:

Top Bottom