No one hurt in college classroom shooting in Va.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    In this case, they were right, though. ...credit where credit is due.

I would have liked if they said it was a "hunting rifle" or "hunting high power rifle" so that the finger could be pointed at "hunter gun owners".

In our fight against the antis too many "hunters" sit on the freaking sideline and say "oh there are only going against the black assault rifles so I have nothing to worry about." Several co-workers who considered themselves "hunters" only have no handguns just "hunting rifles" as they call them refuse to get involved in
    the debates (one even voted for I6BO!) because it does not affect them. :xmad:

They think they are safe but they are not!

OK off the rant...

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I would have liked if they said it was a "hunting rifle" or "hunting high power rifle" so that the finger could be pointed at "hunter gun owners".

In our fight against the antis too many "hunters" sit on the freaking sideline and say "oh there are only going against the black assault rifles so I have nothing to worry about." Several co-workers who considered themselves "hunters" only have no handguns just "hunting rifles" as they call them refuse to get involved in

OK off the rant...

Good point(s).

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    First they came... (Gun version)
    First they came for the machine guns, and I didn’t speak up because I had no machine guns.
    Then they came for the “assault weapons,” and I didn't speak up because I had no assault weapons.
    Then they came for the rifles, and I didn't speak up because I had no rifles.
    Then they came for the handguns, and I didn't speak up because I had no handguns.
    Finally, they came for my double-barreled shotgun, and I only managed to kill two of them before they mowed me down with their machine guns, "assault weapons", rifles and handguns while I was trying to reload.

SOURCE: Freedom, Joy, and Adventure: First they came for the machine guns

adapted from First they came... - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia...

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Not sure what caliber the rifle was. None of the articles I read stated it. They just stated "high power rifle" which I took to mean some type of "hunting looking non black" rifle. Cause in the media's eyes if it's a black rifle it is an assault weapon and if it's a wooden stock type then it's a "high power rifle". They would not call it a .22 caliber rifle becuase even if true that is NOT sensational and does not brig up "hollywood images" of dangerious rifles that with one shot will send you thru the door with blood splatters everywhere.

I believe me I understand, I was just cracking a joke about how the media would call it a high powered rifle regardless if they knew what it was or not ;)

Like what he said:

Always a 'high powered' rifle...

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County

OK off the rant...

Well then those guys are ignorant and in the extreme minority. Most people who hunt own either pistols, black rifles, or both. And most gun owners know no firearm is safe from the antis' tyranny.

zlittell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    if i was in a position that i could not see what was going on i most likely would not investigate, but sometimes you do things you wouldn't expect yourself to do. I think I would rather die then listen to the screams of others as I sat and did nothing.

If I could see the shooter I would f*** him up before he even knew i was there no questions asked. When purdue kicks me out ill get me one of them lawyers that love these cases and purdue will be at my feet!!! or ill just apply somewhere else :)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BlueishHue
    Top Bottom