• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    My wife told me today that I can't buy, sell, or trade any guns for 6 months. It wasn't so much a request as she was telling me. I told her that I would obey that for as long as she would go without candy (she has a serious sweet tooth).

Well that lasted about 6 hours, and I plan on going to the Tipton gun show tomorrow.:D

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I live in an ultimatum free marriage. I can't even begin to imagine this conversation happening in my home.

same here... my wife and i have such good communication that if i buy something she understands, but also understands that i wont buy something on just an impulse.

its about give and take, and it sounds like you have been doing alot of taking (money) but what i have you given to the relationship recently?

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    My wife and I had a similar conversation the other day. But we ended up at a compromise. I thought I needed 10 or so new guns, she didn't so we came to a compromise of 5 and I am okay with that. :D

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    My wife did point out to me that I bought her a Kindle Touch instead of a Kindle Fire because the Christmas money was running out, but I still had enough to buy a two pistols a couple weeks later. I tried to tell her the difference in our Christmas budget and our fun money budget.

She didn't give me any ultimatums, but I did get the look! I promised her I would only buy ammo!

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I prefer a happy wife over a new weapon. I can live without a new AR15 or that Rough Ride .22. I do not want to live without my best friend, and a happy best friend, until I absolutely have to do so.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    same here... my wife and i have such good communication that if i buy something she understands, but also understands that i wont buy something on just an impulse.

its about give and take, and it sounds like you have been doing alot of taking (money) but what have you given to the relationship recently?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess... CANDY? ;) :):

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    DoggyMama and I both recently gave up a bad habit. When I picked up a CZ 82 yesterday and brought it home, she asked, "How much did that cost?" I said, "About 2 weeks' worth of (bad habit)." I got no complaints. :)

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I must ad to my originial post, I dont buy excessively. I buy a couple a year, but do quite a bit of trading. She seems to think that I spend to much time doing it.

All of our bills are paid on time, and I do buy nice stuff for her to. Its not abour the money. I wasn't an ultimatum, just wants me to be carefull because she thinks I get carried away. We were joking about it later when she made me stop to get her cupcake.

jmdavis984

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Greenfield
    All you lucky married men need to count your blessings. My wife won't even lt me buy a pellet gun without MONTHS of coaxing. The only reason I even have any powder burners is because I inherited them from ym deceased grandfather. On the other hand, she does let me keep my motorcycle, so she isn't all bad.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    All you lucky married men need to count your blessings. My wife won't even lt me buy a pellet gun without MONTHS of coaxing. The only reason I even have any powder burners is because I inherited them from ym deceased grandfather. On the other hand, she does let me keep my motorcycle, so she isn't all bad.
    Just curious, does she need your permission to do anything or buy anything that she wants? If not there may be a control issue here. No need to thank Dr. Ortega for advice!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I must ad to my originial post, I dont buy excessively. I buy a couple a year, but do quite a bit of trading. She seems to think that I spend to much time doing it.

All of our bills are paid on time, and I do buy nice stuff for her to. Its not abour the money. I wasn't an ultimatum, just wants me to be carefull because she thinks I get carried away. We were joking about it later when she made me stop to get her cupcake.
    Now I do get this occasionally... :nono:

hunter_47443

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Greene Co.

O K, you're gonna lose your Man Card!:D

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I live in an ultimatum free marriage. I can't even begin to imagine this conversation happening in my home.

:yesway: +million

My wife sometimes questions me, but it's usually not the purchase, but questioning whether I need THAT particular item, and whether or not it's just a whim for which I'd be sorry for later. I try not to conceal my purchases, purposely, but I do agree, unless it's an absolute fantastic deal slapping me in the face, a cooling off period is sometimes necessary.

I gotta love my wife, when SHE suggested we needed to invest in another safe, to add to the protection already afforded me with my present 72x54x30 monster.

Top Bottom