• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I found out a long time ago that if you want something, and it's not taking food or shelter from your family, just do it! She'll get over it, and if she doesn't, you'll be better off without her anyway.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Here there is good and bad....My wife doesn't have any interest in guns...that is the bad. The good is she doesn't care what I trade, buy or sell.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Here there is good and bad....My wife doesn't have any interest in guns...that is the bad. The good is she doesn't care what I trade, buy or sell.

Mine didn't either for the longest time. Recently there has been an ever increasing amount of crime in our area ( not in our town of about 100 but in the city close by ) and she has become very interested and even wants to go to shooting classes and get her LTCH That has really opened things up for me to buy almost anything I want. However that being said I try and include here in every purchase so she remains a part of it and it's something we now enjoy together. When I start talking about a new gun now her ears start to perk up and she wants to know all about it. My how different it is now from our first 10 years of marriage when it comes to guns. :rockwoot: Speaking of we are actually headed on a little shopping trip in the morning after the kids head off to school to look for new pistols for both of us. :D

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My wife is cool about the guns and my gun habits. Extra money for fun and games does not exist right now since Mrs. VERT only has a seasonal, part time job. So I have to support my addiction through trading. But that is ok since it is fun just to get to shoot different guns. I actually have two handguns in the safe right now that I have not shot yet. One was bought and paid for several months ago but I didn't get it until recently. The other I traded for this weekend.

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    As long as the bills are paid theres good food in the house and your both happy I dont believe there should be an issue. Guns are an investment and something that can be passed down generations and can have deep personal meaning. DO IT FOR THE CHILDREN!!!!!

HUFFMANWG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    VA.
    Years ago at a Archery Shop i saw a bumper sticker that said,[My Wife said if i went bow hunting one more time she would leave me, God i'm gonna miss her] Haven't seen them after that. But i still have 5 of them stuck back in the shop. They last about 3to4 years on a truck. Wish i could find some on guns, i'd buy a case of'em

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    One of the surest ways to make me even more determined to have something, is for my husband to tell me i can't! I do not like being TOLD what to do. Being ASKED is always better! Tell me no, and my mind is already thinking, "Oh yes i will!"

aronhubbard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Greenfield, IN
    I have a theory on women. It doesn't apply to every woman, but it does to some and it took me a while to figure out. Some women like to feel a guy's muscles, because they like the feeling of stength and security. Some women like to test out silly restrictions and rules on their guy to see if they'll swallow them, as a way to feel their man's emotional / mental toughness. After all, if you won't stand up to them and are a doormat, how are you going to react when the chips are down and they need you to have their backs or to stand up for the family?

Like I said, not all women are like this, and it's not good or bad, it just is. Sometimes a dude is being selfish and he needs to reign it in. Sometimes the woman is just testing a guy to see what he's made of. Sometimes what she's harping about isn't the problem at all, but a sign that she isn't getting some need of hers met and is unhappy about it. If you just cave on whatever without understanding what is going on, it can be bad juju.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Wife said no more guns till my kitchen gets repainted. Handed her a gallon of paint & a brush.

Hope you like the guns because my guess is that there will something else she is going to tell you you can't have.

Top Bottom