No HOA, cool neighbors... what would you do?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So I have an olddd Amaco gas station sign, about 6 foot tall by 10ish feet wide.

Do I hang it on the outside of my shed facing a nice neighbors house who may only see it if he mows or not hang it and leave it semi hidden like it is now? Or sell it?

All my neighbors are fortunate enough to get the view of one of my two stoplights.

If my neighbors are even luckier, I will hang my other stoplight near the current one.
    If you lived next door to me I wouldn't have a problem with the sign.

My dad was an independent oil products distributor starting in the mid 1930's, and also owned a D-X full service station from the mid 1930's, then later changed it to Sunoco around 1970ish, til he closed in 1991.

I love that old service station stuff, and even have some "odds and ends" myself.

I'm getting up in years and would probably sell some of it for the right price.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    If theyre cool neighbors like you said, just ask if they would care. Cool neighbors can quickly become dickheads if you do something they dislike… better to just give a courtesy knock or call and see if they care.

Something that would otherwise annoy me, if my neighbor gives me the chance to give my opinion, annoys me a lot less.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    My .02 If I wanted to Id hang it up. If neighbor is offended when he looks in my yard while mowing than its on him. If it bothers him he can plant something in his yard to block it out. If he gets pissy than he would have about something else sooner or later.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    We are all gun guys, so we hate on the neighbors who complain about our home range...

...until the one with the home range is your neighbor.

;)
    Honestly, I'm one of those guys that really doesn't care what my neighbors do with their property. As long as it's doesn't become a dumping site for junk, and as long as they aren't being overly noisy after midnight I don't care. Obviously any criminal activities that would catch my eye would be a concern. But, in general my wife and I keep to ourselves and mind our own business.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    We live in a subdivision without an HOA. We went through a period of time having white trash neighbors directly behind us. Screaming at each other with the windows open. Screaming at the kids. Not taking care of their property. They had 4 dogs that they did not care for. Constantly barking. I got to know the city animal control folks by first name. They FINALLY moved out. A young couple bought the house knowing that a lot of work had to be done inside and outside. In talking with them they got the house for a really low price. Being a good neighbor, and having good neighbors is important.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    We live in a subdivision without an HOA. We went through a period of time having white trash neighbors directly behind us. Screaming at each other with the windows open. Screaming at the kids. Not taking care of their property. They had 4 dogs that they did not care for. Constantly barking. I got to know the city animal control folks by first name. They FINALLY moved out. A young couple bought the house knowing that a lot of work had to be done inside and outside. In talking with them they got the house for a really low price. Being a good neighbor, and having good neighbors is important.
    I think they moved into the hood behind us. :/

Top Bottom