• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I have to get my dot physical every year and they are a piece of cake compared to the annual physical I have to have by my internal medicine dr. My IM dr isn't on my company's approved list of dot drs so I get to have 2 every year. And I also go to the place in the park 100 it is much better than the other company.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh, buck it up. At least it's not a
    pederson-speculum_0.jpg

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I feel for ya. I get a top to bottom physical every year. Blood work-up, eye, lung, hearing, and starting this year the treadmill stress test and the Prostate. I actually feel good that I am doing this often enough that hopefully if there is a problem it will be caught VERY early.
    You will love the treadmiil test when they start to raise the treadmill and tell you to keep going, my fun part for the test is getting the chest dry shaved and a little rub of sandpaper so the leads will stay on your chest. Last time while on the treadmill,leads were bad and they went to look for a different set after tearing the leads off my dry chest, found a shorter set of leads to finish the test and as it was coming to the end my shoe lace came undone and was dragging on the belt and had to keep running and not trip on the lace. Good luck on your stress test.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Ehh. I've gained weight. This is what I was afraid of.

Otherwise I missed a letter on the chart with my left eye.
    Everything else was done in less then 5 minutes except for the paper work.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I get mine done every two years and it's not so bad. The worst part is the hernia exam. Other than that it is really no big deal.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Wait, I just got my re-cert DOT done two weeks ago, I don't think he gave me a hernia exam... Maybe it's because mine is a class B? Maybe your guys doctors are just perverts??? I had a problem with my blood pressure last time, probably didnt help that the cute nurse was chomping her gum in my ear!!!

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I have class b as well. Did he by chance stick 2 fingers on either side of your junk/lower stomach area and tell you to cough?

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    I hear ya it's no fun, but luckily my dentist has a two for one. Cleans my teeth and does the free exam.. Offers free nitrous which is a plus. Never feel a thing until I wake up.....:dunno:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Wait, I just got my re-cert DOT done two weeks ago, I don't think he gave me a hernia exam... Maybe it's because mine is a class B? Maybe your guys doctors are just perverts??? ...

This.

If the person doing your CDL physical is getting personal with your ... hmmm ... exit points (front or back), I would check the certificates on the wall.

Almost ten years with a CDL and nobody has gotten close to my stuff. Like someone stated earlier, the DOT physical shouldn't be more than a can you do this? can you hear this? can you see this? does anything hurt? In other words, I wouldn't trust a CDL physical to catch any life threatening issues.

Shift

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    This.

If the person doing your CDL physical is getting personal with your ... hmmm ... exit points (front or back), I would check the certificates on the wall.

Almost ten years with a CDL and nobody has gotten close to my stuff. Like someone stated earlier, the DOT physical shouldn't be more than a can you do this? can you hear this? can you see this? does anything hurt? In other words, I wouldn't trust a CDL physical to catch any life threatening issues.

Every Dot I've ever had included the hernia test.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I have class b as well. Did he by chance stick 2 fingers on either side of your junk/lower stomach area and tell you to cough?

:n00b::n00b::n00b: no, oh hell no! I didn't have any hernia exam, I've been to the health tracks in Plainfield twice and I've never had it done, although, I don't think I would have minded the first time...:yesway:

Top Bottom